The summer and Sky. | Teen Ink

The summer and Sky.

By Svannah15 BRONZE, Madera, California
Svannah15 BRONZE, Madera, California

Live your life to the fullest.

The school’s bell has rung it’s now 3:15 PM and the kids are rushing out of their classrooms to get off the school’s campus, as fast as humility possible. Two students Summer and Sky, best friends since kindergarten started walking home from school to Summer’s house to watch a movie. While Summer was in the kitchen looking for something to eat, Sky received a strange text from an unknown number. Sky told Summer “Stop prank texting me” Summer then said my phone is still in my backpack. Summer and Sky then started to read the text messages aloud together.  One of the text messages said, “Summer and Sky I’ve been watching you”

Summer and Sky are two thirteen-year-old girls from Kansas City, Missouri. Summer and Sky were born three weeks apart in October. They have been neighbors since birth. Each of their parents were also childhood friends while growing up in Missouri. So It only makes sense that Summer and Sky are best friends, and almost finish each other’s sentences. They have this twin vibe, without being twins it’s kinda freaky at times for people who don’t know them. 

Summer and Sky were both shocked and confused about such a strange text message. 

An [Chime] another text message has come through from again a blocked number. What the heck is going on here? Both are dumbfounded and confused about what’s going on here. 

They have never had any type of drama in their life. They were wondering who would do this to them. The text read “Sky and Summer I know what you did with the BOX” Just like that Summer and Sky started arguing with each other, like never before. 

What had happened was that they decided to play a prank on a mean old cranky neighbor. They saw the Amazon driver coming down the street, knowing that the neighbor was not home, they sat on his porch and intercepted his package. Two giggly girls walked down the street heading home, thinking they got him. Unfortunately, they didn’t know someone was watching them the whole entire time. The question is who was this mysterious person, and how did they get ahold of Sky’s cellphone number. 

They just couldn’t stop arguing with each other and, it made them drift away from each other. After a long weekend, they went to school, and then Sky went up to Summer and asked her what is happening to their friendship. This was the first time ever they have been apart since their childhood years. They were like what has happened to us! This is not like us to agree and be apart, we’re like sisters from a different mother. In our case water is thicker than blood. They agreed that this can never happen to them again. Soon they would be mistaken and they would be apart once again. 

The mysterious person was planning something so surprising, no one in their small town could have possibly thought this could happen in their quiet little rural town in Missouri. The mysterious person had so much time on their hands, that anything could happen. Planning her so-called revenge was all this person could think of. These thoughts consumed her day and night until she acted out on them one evening in early October.

A few more days had gone by and once again [Ding] another unknown text message. “ I want to meet both of you next to the old bridge at the edge of town” [Ding] “come alone bring the BOX”  One last message “Tomorrow [Friday] 11:PM” They were so scared that they both shut their cellphones off. They were so freaked out that, they couldn’t think straight. Should they tell their parents, tell someone? They decided not to tell anyone! That would come back to hunt them.

They fell asleep that night at Summers’s house. They had shut their cell phones off and forgot to wake up to meet the mysterious texter. Then they heard a break-in. They woke up hearing things and it was like Two in the morning. They were wondering who would be at Summer’s house this late. The mysterious person was at summer’s house looking for them. They were trying to hide from the mysterious person. Summer thought she was fast enough and made a break for the hallway. Their mysterious person caught her and took off with Summer. Sky was in shock! What the heck has just happened? Who was that mysterious woman, and why and where did she take Summer? Sky woke up Summer’s parents and told them what had happened. 

Summer’s parents stunned by the news and upset at the girls, called 911. 

In a small cabin about 10 miles outskirts of town, the mysterious person woman had Summer tied up to a chair, with a hood over her face. The cabin was smelled of filth and had an old musty smell to it. The cabin was an old abandoned shed that old miners had used to sleep in back in the days there were no windows, that Summer could see through her hood. There was no sunlight, Summer didn’t know if it was day or night? All she knew was that she was scared and hungry. The mysterious lady only feeds her expired beans, and barely any water. What seemed forever to Summer, in actuality was five long days she was a prisoner.

The local police, FBI, 200 local volunteers scoured the town looking for Summer. Flyers went up all over town, have you seen Summer? please call 559-555-0011 with any information.

On Tuesday morning the mysterious woman sends one final text to Sky, [Ding], STOP LOOKING FOR ME & SUMMER {laughing emoji}. OMG! Sky shouted WTH!!! Sky was in the middle of math class at school. Mrs. Johnson said, Sky please settle down, this behavior will not be tolerated in my classroom. Sky stood up and said I’ve gotta go, and she ran out of the classroom. Sky went to Mrs. Wisener the principles office. Sky said Mrs. Wisner I got news on Summer, call the police. 

A few months later the girls were still having nightmares of the whole ordeal. As it turns out the mysterious woman was Mrs. Norris a mentally ill lady who had seen the girls take Mr. Madera’s package. Ms. Norris was apprehended and was sentenced to fifteen years in a mental institution where hopefully she will receive the help she needs. As for the package, the girls returned the package to Mr. Madera, who had no idea this thing started because the girls took his package. So what was in the package that the girls took? As it turns out it was a new Amazon Fire Stick Device for his TV. The girls were not charged with any crime, since Mr. Madera didn’t think they should be punished anymore. Mr. Maderea and the girls are now good friends and they help Mr. Madera with his shopping and yard work. 

-THE END