The rain | Teen Ink

The rain

May 9, 2009
By Anonymous

As i stand in the rain the tears part my eyes. The lies are seen in my face, you can see straight through me. I let the rain soak me as the rain sends chills up and down my spine. I am so weak to even care how wet I am. the rain gets harder as I stare into the darkness as if there was something to stare at. Far into the darkness I can see a dark shadow standing there now. I regained my strength and began to walk torward it, what was a walk turned into a run, as I got close I began to recogonize it, it was me. She raised her hand as I began to raise mine. It was like looking into a mirror, our hands started to touch and a scared look rushed across her face. When our hands touched it was so very cold and I blinked and she shaddered like glass, the pieces where all on the ground and then dissappeared. I realized that that was my life that shaddered and dissapeared. I then dropped down to my knees and then to the ground. The rain began to slow and come to a complete stop and I looked up to the sky and my eye lids slipped closed as one last tear shed my eye. The pieces of me where gone as my heart beat one last time.

The author's comments:
this is a piece that was based on a dream i had awhile ago.