The Last Day | Teen Ink

The Last Day

March 16, 2021
By Anonymous

 The one day I saw my friend it was the last. Well to get to that point lets go two days ago she and I were hanging out and we were always with each other every single minute of the day. And when we were out of town for the day we went to different shops and got a boat load of clothes so we were set for the summer. Then the next day we had a sleepover and ate as much as we could. The next night we went out for dinner and came back for another sleepover and the day it was the last day I saw her everything felt off.

 Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and months turned into years. At this point the only people left looking for her were her family and mine. No one else seemed to care. Her mom had gone to the police every week checking for any updates but they just tried comforting me and told me that it was probably too late. If she had been missing for this long, it must mean that she is dead. They told me that I had to move on and get past it. Deep down we both know that this was not true. I had a feeling that she was still out there. There was something that we were missing. I knew that she couldn't possibly be dead.

 A few months later and everyone had given up, that is everyone except me. Despite my mother and father’s wishes I went out everyday to look for her. No one had hope that she was out there because she had been gone for a year and a half now. I had turned into the town's crazy lady chasing the girl that was never coming back, even her family had moved on. They even had a new kid and forgot all about her best friend, like she was never born in the first place.

I couldn’t let her go. There was no way. I had to find her. She was all I had. I knew that I needed to take a different route. I ran into my secret room, AKA my closet, and gathered all of the information I had. I made a plan that would go somewhere I had never been before. Somehow, I knew, that this was it. My last shot. I had to make it count.

 I was going to go to our secret place the falls. There was a problem though, the falls was covered in ice and I wouldn’t be able to see her body as visibly. If I found her at all it would only be a piece. I had to make a plan to stay there and find her no matter what. I needed this. I had arranged to stay with Kendra for a while and so we were going to the falls together. Once we got to the falls I was surprised because I found traces of her but they were all sliced into weird parts. I gathered all of her that I could and gave it to the police. They examined her body but they couldn’t find the cause of death. I was fine with that. I just wanted to know for sure that she was dead.

I was happy that I could finally know her fate. Then I broke down In tears and I wanted to see her. All the memories of her and me and what we did together before she was gone. If only I could I went back home no one knew who killed her so I will find out. And I will kill them and catch them and cut them up.

 I had to get vengeance. I knew that she had many enemies but how would go so far to kill her? I was so confused about all of this, but first I had to get some sleep. When I woke up I had an idea of who would have done this. I had narrowed it down to three people, Joe, Rachel, and Jessica. I went to investigate the kill sight evenmore. I found a hammer, I assumed it was the tool that was used to crush her skull. I knew that Joe did not have any tools at his house because he was rich and Jessica was not very smart and I knew that she could not pull something like this off so I knew that it was Rachel.


The author's comments:

This is a peace of work that me and my classmates worked on so all of us did a paraghraph. It is a combination of a bunch of people that wrote something to add on. It is very drama and violent kinda.