The missing | Teen Ink

The missing

Emily Barnes, she was a beautiful, popular, 4.0 student in school, and a starting player on the varsity volleyball team, Emily never missed Sunday church with her family, never missed a homework assignment, she was always on top of her responsibilities. It was Emily’s senior year, and she had just got committed to play volleyball at UCLA. Emily had so much going for her.

Hannah Brown, a beautiful, funny, smart, average high school senior. Hannah didn’t play sports like Emily did, but they were still very close friends. Whenever Emily wasn’t practicing or studying for a test, she was hanging out with Hannah. Whenever they weren’t busy the two girls were inseparable.
The girl’s senior year was coming to an end, they have always wanted to go on a trip together by themselves, no adults, the girls never wanted to ask because they thought their parents would tell them no. Emily and Hannah both decided to ask their parents if they could go. Before they ask, Emily and Hannah had to discuss and decide where they wanted to go.
It was April 10th, graduation was on May 13th, Emily and Hannah only had about a month left to figure out where they wanted to go on their senior trip, they also had to figure out how they were planning on convincing their parents to say yes. Instead of saying no and completely turning their idea down. Emily and Hannah were in the school cafeteria one day and they both decided they want to go to Cozumel Mexico. They both thought that it looked like the most fun, and there are a lot of things for tourists to try and Cozumel has a lot to do in general. Hannah and Emily were looking on the internet at places to stay in Cozumel and they came across a private cottage right on the water for an affordable price. It was perfect Emily said to Hannah, Hannah agreed.
After school, Hannah was planning on coming over to Emily’s house later that night. The girls thought this would be the perfect time to ask their parents about Mexico, so Emily invited Hannah and her mom to come over for dinner. It was about 6:30 and Emily and her mom Jennifer were talking in the kitchen, setting the table, and then they heard a knock on the door and there stood Hannah and her mom Natalie.
Come in Emily said, “Dinner is almost ready,” shouted Emily’s mom Jennifer!
Emily, Hannah and Hannah’s mom, Natalie, were sitting at the dinner table waiting for Emily’s mom to bring the food out. While they were waiting on her Emily and Hannah were trying to spark up some small talk because they couldn’t announce the big question quite yet. Emily’s mom, Jennifer came out of the kitchen with the food for dinner everyone sat down at the table and began eating and having small pointless conversations with each other. Emily and Hannah gave each other a look, and they both knew that look meant it was time to spark up the question.
Emily brought up the question and started by saying, “What do y’all think about me and Hannah going on a trip together to celebrate finishing our senior year.”
Both of the parents thought it was a great idea until Emily and Hannah mentioned that they meant going on a trip alone, without the parents.
As the parents were very skeptical about them going alone they gave in because the thought the girls are both 18, they need to learn how to do things on there own, and this is part of becoming an adult. The resort was booked, the trip is scheduled for May 15th, two days after graduation, through May 22nd. The girl’s flight is at 6:00 a.m on May 15th with the arrival time of 4:22 p.m. It is now May 10th a couple days before graduation the girls were so excited because their trip is in 5 days and they have been waiting on it for so long now. This trip is all the girls talked about, at school, at home, on the phone wherever they were they couldn’t bear the excitement.
May 13th, graduation day, Emily and Hannah couldn’t wait for tonight, the girls were so excited to walk across the stage together and finally be done with high school. What they were more excited about was there senior trip coming up. Graduation starts in a few hours so the girls need to get ready. Hannah drives over to Emily’s house to get ready together. When Hannah gets to Emily’s they just sit and talk about life and everything that is going on, while they wait for time to pass. It is now 5:30, graduation starts at 6:15 so they needed to leave Emily’s house so they could be there in time to walk across the stage.
Graduation is now over Emily and Hannah successfully walked across the stage with each other and everyone else in their graduating class. The real-time has now come through, the girls have to go home and pack to leave in two days for there trip to Mexico. The girls went to bed and the next morning they went shopping together at the mall to pick up some last-minute clothes for there trip. The days past and it’s finally here, the day they leave, the girls are at the airport waiting for there flight, no parents, no adults, no one! The girls hear the flight being called over the speakers so the girls jump up and go board there flight.
It is now are 5:00 p.m. and the girls just got off their flight. When the got off they called a taxi to take them and bring them to there resort, Emily and Hannah just waited around and bought a snack in the airport to mess around and let time pass while they were waiting for there taxi. They finally saw their taxi arrive so they walked over to it and put all of there luggage in the back. The taxi driver looked a little sketchy but the girls told each other not to worry, everything will be fine. They got in and he took the girls to the address they had gotten for their beautiful, small, ocean view cottage on their private resort. Once he got there he generously helped the girls get their luggage out of the trunk and help them carry it to their huge big blue double-wide door. Emily and Hannah were still weirded out by there taxi driver but he didn’t do anything to them so they just figured he just thought the two girls were pretty or something, no bad intentions.
The girls have now been in their resort for about two nights now, it’s been great except at night Emily always hears a knocking sound on the door or window she can’t tell which way the noise is coming from. Whenever she tells Hannah about it, the noise stops, so whatever the knocking noise is Hannah thinks Emily is just hearing things in her head, in reality, Emily isn’t crazy and she genuinely is getting scared by this noise, the noise is as loud as thunder. Emily and Hannah do have different bedrooms and Emily’s room is bigger and has more windows than Hannah’s room so she was thinking that could be why she was hearing the noise and Hannah wasn’t.
Emily and Hannah have two more nights left in this resort, before its time to go back home. Emily walks outside to take the trash out. She sees there taxi driver that brought them to their resort at the beginning of the week, he was just standing at the front of there beautiful gated cottage entry. Emily didn’t know what to do, so she dropped the trash and started running back to the door. As she was running she felt a pain go through her leg, and BOOM she falls to the ground and the taxi driver runs over to her and picks her up and locks her in the trunk of his small blacked-out car. When Hannah heard the gunshot she ran outside to see what had happened and she didn’t know where Emily was because she was in the taxi drivers trunk. Hannah was walking around there private resort looking and screaming for Emily, she got no response as she was walking she hears a noise, not Emily’s voice, a stranger noise. It was the noise of rustling bushes. When she turned around to see what the noise was, she got attacked from behind, and she let out a silent scream. It was the taxi driver he covered her mouth and nose with a towel so Hannah couldn’t breathe and when she passed out the taxi driver put Hannah in the trunk with emily who was completely knocked out from the loss of blood in her leg. The taxi driver takes both the girls away, kills them both. This leaves Hannah and Emily’s parents wondering why the girls never made it home safe.

I’m a junior at cedar creek school