the man on the train | Teen Ink

the man on the train

June 29, 2019
By Ellieblue13 BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Ellieblue13 BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
tell me demon, would you give up hell to fall in love with an angel?


There is a man on a train heading to Brooklyn, he's wearing a cap that covers his hair and eyes. In one pocket he has a lighter and cigarettes, in the other, he has a knife. There are four other people on the train, a man, women, their daughter, and a police officer. There is a dark atmosphere in the air, but what no one knows is that there's a true criminal on the train. Slowly the mother and father pull their daughter closer to them, as she smiles harmlessly. The police officer has his hand on his gun ready to shoot at any time. The man grabbed a little book out of his backpack, it’s a little black leather bound book, it had the words “names of people”, slowly he wrote down, Michael, Juliet, Amara, and John. That's when he looked up. The police officer quickly grabbed the girl and put the gun to her head. “No one move or else she gets,” he said, his pistol was aimed towards her head, the mother and father are begging for her safety. Slowly the man looks up, and the woman screamed. What she saw was two horrible red eyes with black eyeballs, “I'm sorry” the man slowly whispered, the train came to a halt and the officer pulled the trigger; she was dead. The man and women cried for the death of there daughter, the officer raised his gun to there faces “no witnesses” and he shoots. When the doors open, there are four dead bodies and nothing else that the true officers can see. Three were shot in the face and the other was stabbed to death. The red-eyed man slowly took off his cap and dropped his bloody knife. “I'm sorry I'm so so sorry” he mutters to himself. His red eyes slowly turn black as well and his eyes, his whiter than paper, and his face is very defined. He checks off the names in his book, slowly making his way over to the bodies. He says a silent prayer to free their souls, looking them in the eyes but this time no screams or cries, “Who-who are you?” the daughter asks. “I'm death”....


The author's comments:

i wrote this for my L.A class