Gone Girl | Teen Ink

Gone Girl

June 7, 2019
By Anonymous

There I was looking down at my shaky, sweaty hands, I could feel my heart race a million miles at once. What have I done I thought. This can't be happening. I felt my blood pressure rise and surely my fate was sealed. How could this happen to me..., the blue and red lights were pulsating through the dark night and it made me even more nervous. What´s going to happen to me? As I heard the cruiser car door closed I knew this was it, this was the end. My visible breath wavered in the air, dancing in the wind, this was the only peace I knew, everything else about this night was chaotic. The officers footsteps only grew closer and closer until there was no space in between us. What a mess. ¨sir you´re under arrest for the murder of Kaitlyn Spear.¨

I wasn't guilt of this crime but I knew to keep my mouth shut and surrender. What a mess indeed. I looked down at my trembling hands once more before they were locked up in the cuffs. This is the last time I will ever have free hands, the last time I am a free man.


Flashback to 3 days ago:


As I walked into the coffee shop I noticed a beautiful girl at the counter. Her shiny back blonde hair tied back in a ponytail and ocean blue eyes twinkled with the sunlight gazing upon her. As I went up to take my order she smiled. Her name tag read “Kaitlyn”, what a simple name for someone so complex looking. “ Good morning sir what can I get you today?” My mind was puzzled, I hadn’t even gazed at the menu yet, she was too distracting. “Americano please.” I smiled, wait, I don’t even like americanos damnit. “Actually sorry, i was distracted by how beautiful you are, I really hate americanos, could I just get a white cappuccino instead?” I was starting to get nervous, normally i’m fine around women, I’m a CEO of an insurance company, hell, i’ve talked to the biggest people out there yet here i am stunned by this barista. “That’s okay sir,  I can make your cappuccino don’t worry about it! And thank you for the compliment that’s very sweet.” she was blushing, oh god please take my number i thought. “If i gave you my number, i wouldn’t be like the million other creeps who’ve tried and never got a text or call back would I?” “Give me your number and I guess you’ll see.” her smile was sly this time, as she giggled handing me my cappuccino. “I’ll text you tonight, we should grab a bite to eat!” I yelled across the cafe. “we’ll go, if i decide to text you back, creep!” her giggles leaving a trail outside of the door. wow. I’m in love.


Later that night:


“You look lovely tonight Kaitlyn, thank you for replying to my message.” “I decided to give this creep a shot, so far you’re living up to my standards” she can barely get the sentence out without laughing her head off. She was perfect. I had never been so in awe of someone. I’ve met millions of women and here I am, with a barista. damn. As we ordered she gave me her whole life story and everything in between, I barely told her much about myself but that’s because I was so intrigued by this mystery of a girl, she was definitely hiding something from me I could feel it, but this was only our first date, I’ll come to know this secret of hers if she wills. As our date came to and end we walked outside of the restaurant. “Goodnight Mr.Frilder, it was a pleasure getting to know you’re not just one of those creeps” I looked at her soft face as she blushed, “goodnight Kaitlyn, tonight was lovely, you’re quite the girl, should I text you about meeting up again soon?” “I’d love that” she whispered as she kissed my cheek and spun around to walk in the other direction. It never crossed my mind then but I should have taken her to her car.


2 days later:


hmm, Kaitlyn hasn’t responded to my messages, maybe I am a creep. shit. I ruined everything. I guess i’ll just watch the news to kill the time of my loneliness. “Kaitlyn Spear has gone missing, if you have any information please contact the local police.” what the hell..., this can’t be. I just saw this girl the other night how could she be missing? Shit. This looks bad, I could have been the last person to see her.