T.O.D | Teen Ink

T.O.D

By fabesterlee BRONZE, La Mirada, California
fabesterlee BRONZE, La Mirada, California

My daughter turned 9 on December 25, 2017. You would assume that all 9-year-olds have expectations for their birthday. However, Stacy had no expectations; the only thing she was expecting was death. She was diagnosed with chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia at the age of 7 and was expected to die before turning 11 years old. For her 9th birthday, I wanted to get her something that she would have never expected. I'm the type of man where my emotion

There was no point of getting her a physical gift since she was gonna die anyway. So, I thought it would be best if I got her something like a cake. I went to go look for the most expensive cake in Los Angeles and the total came out to be around $10,000. I knew it was a lot, but it didn't matter to me; I was willing to spend all the money I had if it made Stacy forget about dying for at least a day.

The doctor said since she didn’t have a lot of options it was okay for her to leave the hospital for a day. I took that opportunity and decided to get the cake sent to the apartment so I can have a party just me and her. You would have to be there to really see how amazing this cake is. It was around 8 PM when I got the call that Stacy passed and for some reason when I received that call all I could do was laugh at how much money I spent on a dead girl. A couple of days passed and the cake was still at the house and stood exactly where it was. I took a slice of cake and placed a chair near the table where her ashes were. On December 30, 2017, Stacy and I ate cake and it was the best cake I have ever had.  

Fabian is an aspiring from Cerritos, California who is focusing on creating short stories and poems. He hopes in the future to create more content and improve his craft in short stories and literature. Although struck with series of unfortunate events he still preserved to finish his stories to show his love for writing to the public. In his free time Fabian like to take photos and keep entries of all his favorite photos in a journal or his social media. He often watches movies and has interests in interpreting these movies and sharing them with his friends. Fabian I currently preparing to enter Cerritos college in order to transfer to a better school to pursue his interest in film and photography. He would like to dedicate his grandma for giving him the inspiration to become the person who he is destined to be.