The Monster | Teen Ink

The Monster

May 10, 2019
By Zachrmurray64 BRONZE, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Zachrmurray64 BRONZE, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Wheres the money


It was senior year, I was on my bed. It was the summer of 1964, a turn back to the old days. I was hearing sounds coming from the living room then I heard sounds coming from the roof. It was scratching noises, then it was a loud weird non human sound. It made me really want to worry. I was so scared for myself, I scream “mom!” and she comes in and says “what honey?”.

I said, “Is that just me you don't hear those sounds?”

She says, “What are you talking about? Are you okay? Do you need to go to the doctors?”

I looked at her and I knew she thought I was crazy. This was a time where if you were crazy you go to the doctors and never come back so if she didn’t hear it then I’m in trouble, I said “I’m just messing around”.

She leaves and it’s just me and then, I hear the noises start again and I yell “MOM”. She says, “yes honey” and that proved everything I said, “What’s for dinner?” She said “You’re gonna find out later, honey” and I said “alright”.

I was so scared in that moment she left and the noises started to happen again. I didn’t want to say anything cause where she might send me. My friends at school told me what happened if you went crazy it wasn’t good, there were stories about these people that turned into monsters and roamed the city. But I thought it was all bougas. I heard the sounds all night even after dinner.I was alone in my room and I just heard screams and scratching noises, like this should never even happen to a kid im only 15. It was the next day i was terrified but I couldn’t show that, my dad was really watching me probably what mom said to him. I was putting on my close and bam dad was there asking me questions that he wants to talk after school about what i did last night.I just said “I was playing around chill out, I’m heading to school”.

I was so tired to could see the bags in my eyes, it was dreadful. I headed to school then I noticed red spray paint the the stores I was walking by,it looked like blood,this made me start to shake.

Then this guy pops up and says “Hey, kid. Are you alright?”.

I say “yes”and walk away.

I want to talk to no one before someone realizes something about me. If anyone notices anything then rumors will spread or the truth will. Yes I’m crazy or am I? Is this a sign, I start to question myself on the walk to school.

Time passes and I’m in class and I get distracted by noises and then the teacher yells my name and tells me to get on task or I will get beat. I really start to shake because that really hurts I only got it once in the 5th grade when I cursed at someone who stole my lunch. He got the food and I got beat on the spot. Now you only get on warning but cursing is such a big sin here. I start to pay attention and start to answer questions try to get my mind off the sounds that was really killing me.

Time passes and I forget about he sounds like they go away and I’m on my way home and I accidentally trip on a book on the ground and when I get up there is a ringing in my head that won’t go away. I feel crazy, I feel messed up like why did this happen to me I say to myself. I get home and dad asked so many questions and I tried to answer them like anyone would. He kept asking the same questions seeing if I would change my answer then I told him I’m done being tortured let me go outside with my friends and leave me alone. I hanged out with my friends and we played stupid games like tag and hide and seek but at the end we layed in the grass and looked at the sun and than talked about the our future and it was cool because we really never thought about it. I said I wanna just travel the world and adventure off and come back to you guys with so much money .We laughed and then it started the noises in my head started back and it made me have such a panic attack. I said “I gotta go home before dad kills me. I’m sorry guys.” We parted ways and headed home for the day.

Time passes and I am in my bed, dad and mom are done suspecting anything. I hear more sounds just as I go to bed and I’m done with it. I get some clothes on and head outside. I have a flashlight and I have my courage. I’m so pissed off in this moment, I just wanted it to be caught and to go away. I follow the sound of the sounds it sounds like I got closer and closer but I saw nothing. I hear someone yell and scream and I try to find the person but it was too late. Someone died and there was blood everywhere and I could not be seen here so I ran home as fast as I could and tried to make no sounds and I go straight to sleep.

I wake up and hear mom and dad talk about what happened last night. I talked to them and they said not to go near the scene but I went there anyway and I start my investigation, I ask so many questions and I got nothing nobody could give my anything even if I had a gun to their head.

Time passes and it’s night again and I start to hear the noises again and I’m on my way to find it. I get lead to this underground place and the floor is so wet. I don’t know if it’s blood or not and it makes me lightheaded and I leave because I’m not dying alone. I head home and I see this monster looking creature behind me and it makes me worry. It makes me terrified. I’m scared out of my mind, I start running and see if it would follow me it had big hands that you could see the bone. It was very tall it had nails long as heck, it had bones popping out, it was all black and green and had such a nasty looking alien head. I escape and I’m in my bed with my eyes shut and then all of a sudden, a monster is there on top of me and it puts it’s hand on top of my mouth and I passed out.

I wake up and yell for mom and dad but I hear no sound, I go to their room and they are not there. “What if the monster took them?” I ask myself a million times like “What should I do next? Should I tell anyone? Would they believe me? What should I do?” I go outside and see if they are out there and they are not and I tell myself they be back so I headed for school like nothing happened and hoped they would be there by the time I get home.

Time passes and I get home and they are not there,now i know the monster is real and I headed to the underground place and I say I’m leaving there dead or alive they are coming with me. I go there and i see them in the back they yell my name and they are tied up. I go and get the knife that was on the shelf and I cut them lose and we headed out.

Then when we got home they asked questions like what just happened. I couldn’t really answer it so I said just go to sleep no one will believe you like you wouldn't believe me.I was was so sore and so dead my parent stayed up talking and I went straight to sleep.It was such a great sleep I didn’t hear any of the sounds which I loved.The next morning dad and mom woke me up and asked questions like

“so you lied to us about the questions we asked if you were okay and did you really hear anything”.

I said “of course i’m not going to the crazy place never and ever would I go there I heard the rumors”.

We had a long talk about what we should do next but we didn’t know what to do i couldnt go to school with this happening in my life that would be crazy so I took a couple of days off and we thought what our plan was and it was to do nothing and wait to see if it would return.

Weeks past and rumors have been out about the killer they are saying it’s not even a monster I mean they have no clue they exist except my family.

Mom and dad wake me up “saying it is time for school’. I said “few more minutes”. Mom said “watch out for the killer on the loose”.

I said, “that’s what we are calling it”.

Dad said, “umm yes what else can it be a zombie”.

I said, “well of course it’s something like that because we all saw it”.

Mom said, “Are you okay, son? Do you need to go to the doctors?”.

I looked at them and I knew the monster did something to them like they forgot what happened.

I said “no, i’m just kidding omg the looks on your faces”.

And I just got up and got dressed and we ate and I headed for school. I just lost my parents and I’m alone I feel deep in my heart that there is something coming not right now but is gonna come and im very scared. It’s hard to realize that I'm only just a kid and I have these kind of problems to worry about and I have school on top of me this is stressing me out I swear if the teacher says one thing  I’m gonna freak out. I calm myself down and enter the school building.

I say hey to my friends and I go to class and on my way there this girl was staring at me. No girl stares at me and I start to go crazy again I start to think if I had a crush on my hands and that would be amazing. Finally something to cover up the crazy in life. All I wanted was someone to share this empty space with hopefully my parents aren't strict because they go against something your not gonna get through to them. I went back to class and she was there is she new I guess and she stared at me and I waved.

I sat right next to her and i gave her a paper saying date question mark and it was a dumb move i thought till she gave a paper back saying where would you take me.I would give her another note but the teacher said “what are you guys doing pay attention”. I got scared and didn’t look back at her and when class ended. I went out and she pulled me to the side and said “where we going”. I said “let's take a long walk outdoors and get to know each other.” I leave then I start to hear the noises I head to class hearing the monsters everywhere I go. It’s so scary because knowing the fact it might be real and fake is crazy. I hear a loud shouting saying help and then i see blood coming from a closed door and people surrounding the door. The principal came and told everyone to go back to class and he went in and he went straight back out. He was disgusted in the sighting of the body. It was the monster it’s back.

I can’t tell anyone i’m alone can’t bring anyone they are just gonna forget and it’ll just be me again. I have no idea how am I gonna do it but it will happen. The monster will come to an end even if it comes to an end to me because these noises are actually killing me. The school has to close because they can’t let it open with a murder in school. When I got home my parents looked at me and said do you need to see someone we are here for you. I said I am good and went straight to my room. I kept thinking if I should go back to the underground place but I bet that monster wouldn’t be there I try to think of ways of to just look at the monster because If I do than I can follow It or see what I'm working against.

My friend Jake came over and asked If I was home and mom told him i’m in my room,he came in and said “Dude we should find this killer he already killed a teacher and someone on the street.”

I said “we could get killed,something can happen to us”.

He said nothing will happen to us don’t be scared and lets do this”.

He walked out and I put on my shoes and we headed out. I don’t know his angle on this because he doesn’t seem to go for this. Our group sees him as the coward,he loves to be one but this isn't him. Could It be that i’m not the only person dealing with this. We are outside and I’m ready to go on this adventure I tell myself if he still remembers what happens after this than he is one of me.

He says “I have invited your girlfriend on this trip I hope that's okay we need all the help we need”.

My face turned red and I got too scared. I think about what would or could happen to her like what if she dies.

I say “what if she gets hurt and we can’t do anything”.

Jake says “stop worrying she is grown she can take care of herself”. I say “I really like her what if she gets hurt”.

Jake says “you just met her today and stop worrying because it doesn’t help anyone”.

I say “alright. Well, I’m gonna keep an eye on her”.

A thought just came to me what's her name, I think how can I have a crush when I don’t even know her name. We start walking to the school to see if we can see any clues about the monster.

On our way there, Jake says, “Lets make someone bate and try to catch this monster.

We decide to go with that plan and we go to the closest hardware store and buy a lot of equipment that might work, we bought mousetraps and metal chains and we had a theory about salt that it might not go through it and lastly we got a nail gun.Hopefully that can help us from the monster if not we can just book it.

So we got our plan and we left the hardware store and jake says “what about Kate and use her for bait”.

I said what are you crazy and Kate said “I’m doing it no matter what you say let’s do this”.

 

I said where and jake says “lets do this in our school’s gym”.


So we head to the school which is only a few mins away and i have this terrible pain in my heart, like what If she dies or me or anyone gets hurt.Our plan was to make her sit in a chair and eat junk food and wait till the monster came.we put salt around her hoping that theory would work. Our plan of action was when it came out we would just attack it if that worked then hopefully I can go home without voices in my head.

        We waited hours it was the weekend and plus the school was shut down so we weren’t worried of getting caught and my parents probably thought I spent the night at jake's house like I always do.

      Time went by and I woke up from noises I got up from the ground and I saw Jake going crazy he was saying “Stop with these voices,stop you are killing me”.

          I just watched then It happened to me the noises in my head started but I didn’t want him to hear me but a few mins later that didn’t stop me it hurt more, the most it ever did. For a second the noises stopped and I ran to kate seeing if she was okay and when I did I blacked out.

      I woke up In my bed and I got woken up by mom saying “Breakfast is ready son”.

    She left and I was In shock like what does this mean, what happened to them I couldn’t take it so I told my parents. I went out to them while they we eating and I told them everything about the noises and the monster and me and Kate and Jake hunting It at the gym and they looked at me and had the look of sadness.  Mom said “Its okay son you will be okay”.Dad got up and went on the phone and called someone and than a few mins later guys came and took me and than I wondered if I was actually crazy.


The author's comments:

I just thought about uber.