THE STORY BEHIND 2PAC | Teen Ink

THE STORY BEHIND 2PAC

May 6, 2019
By Anonymous

Once upon a time a kid named 2Pac was born in California on the streets of Crenshaw. Back then, the streets of Crenshaw were a kids worst nightmare. There was shooting, stabbing and even torture. There was so much violence going on that all of the kids had to stay inside most of the time. They couldn't go outside and play with each other or even go to a nearby playground.

As 2Pac grew older, he started to make friends and go outside more. He would always try and get his favorite chips from the corner store but everytime he went, something would always happen. Plus, he never had money to buy his favorite chips so he eventually started to steal them from the store. After he got arrested for stealing, everything started going downhill. He started getting in trouble at school and when he turned 18 years old, his mom had enough of it and kicked him out of the house. After his mom did that to him, he didn’t want anything to do with her again. He eventually started singing with a record producer and started becoming big.

He sang at concerts and even featured in some songs, he also started a record label called boyz in the hood, then he produced a movie right after. After 10 years 2Pac returned home, but in order for him to help his mom out and give her money, she had to apologize for what she did to him. So she apologized to him and he gave her 10,000 dollars to last her 5 years. Well, 3 years go by and he comes to find out that his mom used all of the money on drugs and alcohol. 2Pac was very upset, but he couldn’t just leave her without money so he gave her 5,000 more but put in in a bank and she would only get 300 a month, so she had to use it wisely.


The author's comments:

this story is to show how some kids lives are based on where they live, and it can be good or bad.