Mystery Box | Teen Ink

Mystery Box

By aprillranee BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
aprillranee BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin

"Changing isn't a bad thing and it never was. But at the end of the day, you know, you're the same person. And, and where your heart is, that doesn't change."
- Shawn Mendes

Meilani and her family were gardening in their backyard. It was a warm sunny day and Meilani looked at her boyfriend who was helping and then at her dad. “Noah, can you pass me the seeds.” Meilani asked her boyfriend as she wipes the incoming sweat dripping down her forehead. “Sure can.” Noah replies as he grabs the seeds and tossed them to her. Her dad wandered off inside to cool off. As Meilani got to her last spot to plant the tree, she hit something hard. She raised a brow and then digged a little more and found a medium sized box.

“Noah, come take a look at this.” Meilani called out for her boyfriend as she wiped the excess dirt off of the box. She heard footsteps approaching and she showed him the box. “Look, I found this in the ground.” Noah examined the box and noticed it said Meilani’s last name on it. “Lani, it has your last name on it.” he told her as he bent down and show her. She gasped a little bit and took the box, she soon opened it and there was money. Tons and tons of money. Her jaw dropped as she looked at Noah and then raced inside to show her dad on what she found. Her only question is, why were there so much money hidden away when she could use this to pay off her family debts. Was it there for a reason? Who put it there? Why was it there? These questions are left unknown to this girl.

This was a writing for Creative Writiing class! Enjoy!!