The Mysterious Disapperence | Teen Ink

The Mysterious Disapperence

April 4, 2019
By aprillranee BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
aprillranee BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Changing isn't a bad thing and it never was. But at the end of the day, you know, you're the same person. And, and where your heart is, that doesn't change."
- Shawn Mendes


As they entered the rainforest in South America, they heard the birds chirp and the sound of the rain falling down. Erin smiled and started to take pictures of what was in front of her. She was her by herself with the strangers that call themselves tourists. “On your left is the Amazon River - which we’ll be boating on when we get to it.” said the guide of the tour. Erin’s smile never left her face. But, there was a weird wisp of cold air whipping through everyone. People gasped and Erin’s eyes went wide. The tour guide collapsed onto the ground. Everyone one by one fell to the ground leaving Erin alone in the forest.

She was so confused about how it didn’t make her collapse onto the ground like everyone else. Erin walked closer to the lifeless bodies and examined them closely. They had red bumps all over their body from the cold wind that came through. She looked at her arms and she saw nothing but her normal arms. She took photos of the bodies and up close to get pictures of the bumps. She soon ran out of the forest to get some help. She was yelling ‘help’ over and over again to get people’s attention.

When she finally got someone’s attention she basically dragged them to the forest, and when they got to the spot where the bodies were. They were gone. Erin’s eyebrows raised and she looked on her camera to see if she has the photos, and when she checked, they were just pictures of the ground.


The author's comments:

This is a quick write from my creative writing and publishing class. I thought it was somewhat good, so why not share!