On The Hill | Teen Ink

On The Hill

By MollyRoseKenick(MK) SILVER, Nome, Alaska
MollyRoseKenick(MK) SILVER, Nome, Alaska

We were walking down the hill, then there was a scream. “Who could it be this time?” He asked me. There was another scream, but louder and heading our way. A woman who look as if she was on fire came running at us, and then started shaking me. “ Help me! A man tried to kill me. I-” I took her hands off of me and looked at the guy, “ Do you see this? Is this another person from the funny farm?” “ No,” He replied. “ I don’t see anyone, must be your imagination.” The woman looked mortified and rolled on the ground. After a minute she passed out curled up in a ball. We picked her up and started to carry her. “Man, I wish they had better security at the asylum. Another run away, on our off day too!” He said angrily at me. I looked at him, and I smiled. “Happy anniversary. It’s a good thing we knew that she responds that way to your disapproval of her existence, otherwise she would of hurt us.” He looked at me and chuckled.

We were at a big building. My husband put down his side of the girl and punched in the code, and a metal door opens from a concrete building. Inside was a kid like appearance, if the kid was suicidal or was insane. “Positive message providing” images and phrases was scattered all over the wall. Calming colours where used as a way not to provoke patients. Many had wondered why the asylum was was gloomy on the outside, but looked liked a counselor on acid puked all over the inside. They way the outside and the inside being a complete 180 was down right disturbing to many. But, what really was disturbing is how calm the workers are when dealing with patients, almost a devious delight of watching patients be helpless.

It took about a month to do this. I worked in this during my freetime. It was ment to be one parragraph, but two or more is better. Still a work inprogress.