Cole | Teen Ink

Cole

By FizzyTester BRONZE, Corvallis, Montana
FizzyTester BRONZE, Corvallis, Montana

There was once a person named Cole. Cole has had weird experiences with his couch. He would sit in his couch and fall immediately asleep and he would not wake up until the next day. Along with that, he would also have weird dreams about what he would do the very next day. Cole was troubled by this because it was like watching a movie of yourself but instead of watching it on a screen you were there experiencing everything that the character was experiencing. Although in the dreams, Cole always smelled like a wet border collie with anchovies.  For obvious reasons, Cole just absolutely hated that smell.

Cole was starting to get worried about how much school he was missing, so he went on his school website to check his attendance. It said that Cole hadn’t missed any days of school this year. Cole kept refreshing the website but every time it kept saying that he hadn’t missed any school. Cole didn’t know what to do, so he called the school. The school administrator answered the phone. He imitated his mom and asked if her child had been attending school, and the school administrator replied yes and he hung up.

Cole decided that he needed a nap from all of his hard work that he accomplished, so he went over to his couch and fell asleep instantly.  He started dreaming, and suddenly, he was changing clothes, eating breakfast, and he was out the door like a cheetah on drugs that is chasing an antelope. He was really weirded out of doing this because he knew that he was actually at home asleep on his couch, but in his dreams he was doing day to day activities. He got home and layed on the couch, and instantly he was awake on the couch with different clothes on and his backpack was on too.

He got up and turned on his phone it was 6:00 a.m on a Saturday morning! Oh no, he thought. He was asleep on the couch for an entire week. He then just started groaning. His head was throbbing so hard it was like pennies in a tin band aid container.  Cole started researching what happens when people fall asleep. He kept researching non stop for 2 days. He was so exhausted from working, so he went over to his couch and fell asleep so fast that it was like cutting through jello.

He started dreaming about himself again. Only this time it was really fast. It was sort of like having flashbacks but instead of having them about the past they were about the future. He saw himself get a 100% on a couple of tests, he saw himself watching a movie with a girl at the movie theater, and he also saw himself get first place in the 200 meter dash at his schools home track meet.