i want to be a noraml kid | Teen Ink

i want to be a noraml kid

In my life so far I was just what people would call a “normal kid.” Nothing crazy. Nothing incredible. Nothing terrible. Just… pretty much normal. Some might even say my life was just a bit boring it was so normal. That is until one day when something BIG happened. At first it started like a normal day. My mom was yelling at me to get up out of bed and go downstairs for breakfast. I got all dressed while trying to not wake up my sixteen old brother Caleb. He had stayed up all night trying to finish a paper which is due today for the both of us. He finally got up, got dressed and went downstairs with me to eat food. I almost forgot to mention my name is Parker.

It was already 8:20 and school starts at 8:25, so we had to get there in 5 minutes. I told him we should take his car because it would take us so long to even get to the bus. He thought the same thing, so we jumped into his car and got to the school. We were still late but not as late we were going to be if we did not take his car. We had different classes for 1st period. He went to tech I went band.

Band was fun but none of my friends picked band for their elective. After band there was writing. Writing was not my favorite class but i still did my work.

¨Ok class, today I need you to get your assignments and bring them to my desk.” the writing teacher said. The rest of the day was not that interesting. I just turned in all of my homework for all my classes. My last period of the was science, science seemed different than normal. We had to do a lab which had to go to each table. To me it felt like I my work,while everybody else was really lazy and not doing their work, not even my teacher. I knew something just wasn’t quite right.

I was very creeped out by this, so I went up to them and asked if they were they ok, but the instant I asked the question, things got even weirder. ‘They went from jittery and wild-eyed, to very still and quiet. Everyone just stared at me.

“What’s going on, everyone?” I asked the room.  Since I got nothing but silence, I just got up and left the classroom. I knew I needed to get to my brothers class. He would know what to do.  

His class was up stairs but i knew that the hall monitor would look for me so i had to try get by the hall monitor and try to get my brother out of his class. I got by the hall monitor and went up stairs to get my brother. I got to his class but noticed that he was taking a  test, I knew that every class had a home room phone in them. I went to the boy’s bathroom and rubbed my eyes then I put water on my face. I went to the office, pretending to cry ,and told the secretary that really needed to talk to my brother. “Well, why do you need to talk to him?  He is in testing.” the secretary said.

“Something happened  in my sixth period class and want to talk to him about it” I said.

“Ok we'll let you talk to your brother but he needs to finish his testing, alright?” the secretary said.

“Ok, that sounds perfect” I said. She called the class and made him come down.

“Hi, can I please have Caleb be sent down to the office. He needs to speak with his brother Parker for a moment,” the secretary said. I went outside of the office to tell him what happened in my class.

“Caleb, I am alright and I’m sorry to bug you and pull you out of class but something really weird just happened in my class. Did anything strange happen in your class, too?” I asked.

Caleb looked right at me and said, “Yeah! Something is going on! Nobody in my class was actually doing their tests and they were just staring at me and not even blinking!”

“Caleb we need to leave the school right now. I’ll go get my bag and yours too, but you need call mom and convince her to call the school so we can be excused,” I said.

“Ok, got it,” Caleb seid. I went to get my bag and had no problems. But when I was going to snag Caleb’s I saw the hall monitor standing right by his locker so now I had to find a way to get the hall monitor away from the locker. When  was still thinking I saw a teacher walking by so I told her that the hall monitor had just said some very mean about her. I didn't really know the teacher all that well but I did know she was very short tempered. She walked over to the hall monitor and started arguing with him. This was my chance to get his bag. I got it and ran down stairs to the office.

I saw my brother waiting by the front entrance. “What did she say, Caleb ” I said.

“She said you were able to skip class but I need to get back and finish my test. Just wait outside of by the car until school is over, okay?” he said. He didn’t seem too happy that he had to go back into the room to finish the test. I didn’t blame him.

“Ok, got it. I’ll wait,” I said. School ended and Caleb walked out and ran to our car got and we drove off.

“What do you think is happening, dude?!” Caleb yelled.

“I don't know at all but try to drive as fast as you can to the house, Caleb” I said. We got to our house and saw mom.

“Hi boys! What happened at the school? I just heard on the news that kids and teachers were getting brainwashed by someone. How come you were the only ones that seemed to notice anything?” my mom said. She looked worried.

“That's why I wanted to talk to Caleb,” I said. Me and Caleb said. I went on my computer to search kids and teacher in our state on Facebook and Twitter, etc. I could not find anything about what had happened.  But in my direct messages I had been sent a video from someone that i did not know at all. I watched it and the man in the video said in a creepy voice, “I have been watching you for a long time…” Then it cut to a video of me and Caleb as babies that only my parents had access to. They did not share with anyone, it was on an old computer they still used.

“How did they know us when we were so little?” I said.

“I don't know...wait can you get out your chair, I want to see where this might because if I zoom out the video I might be to know where is this person is by the street,” Caleb said.

“Oh, that is nice thinking, Caleb. Should we go find that street now?” I wondered.

“No, let's wait until tomorrow, but right now I need you to search and find as much as you can about him. Hopefully tomorrow we can find out how this guy even knows who we are. And how he got ahold of that video. That is so creepy!” Caleb said.

I searched for about 30 minutes before I gave up. I could not find anything about this guy at all. His name must have been fake, and he didn’t have any of the same friends as me on Facebook. He was like a ghost. A ghost with a baby video of me and my brother. I woke up not looking forward to the day.  Am I going to face someone who might kill me?! I don’t what's going to happen but wish me and my brother luck. We’re running late for school once again.

i think that writng can frustraitng but i love it