The Killer is in the House | Teen Ink

The Killer is in the House

November 5, 2018
By leona34 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
leona34 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The footsteps were moving away. Lenny slowly exhaled realizing he had been holding his breath. He heard the footsteps Thump! Thump! Thump! Down the stairs and out of earshot. Slowing his breath, Lenny attentively listened to hear any signs that the killer was still in the ouse. After he counted to 100 and heard nothing, Lenny cautiously opened his closet door. He looked around his room noticing the killer had: torn the covers off his bed, tipped over his dresser, and they had flipped over his bed. Lenny quietly crept out of the closet and onto his bedroom floor which was now covered in covers and clothes. He looked for his phone to call the cops, but he remembered he left it to charge downstairs.

Thump!

Thump!

Thump!

Lenny scrambled back to his closet as the footsteps of the man got louder, and closer.

Thump!

Thump!

THUMP!

The killer was right outside the door. Lenny could hear the killer’s breath which was raspy and unsteady. He could hear the killer try to open the door, but it was locked. Whoever was outside Lenny’s door cursed and started to shake the door handle furiously, but the door held sturdy. Then Lenny heard the killer pace around the circumference of the upstairs probably trying to figure out what to do. Suddenly, the door flew off of the hinges and laid right in front of the closet. Lenny gaped at what he saw and started to feel paralyzed with fear. Whoever was in his room started to started to taunt him.

“I know your in hear,” the killer would say.

Then before Lenny could even blink the closet door was thrust open. Lenny let out a blood curdling scream.

BANG!

In an instant, the room went silent.