Hotel | Teen Ink

Hotel

As a child i have always been afraid of being without my parent in a hotel room it has been a fear of mine. I remember when i was young used to think i saw silhouette of monsters in my closet. On the way to the hotel for this conference that my parents went to this resort it was a 1 hour drive from were my house.

So when we got there we got a room and went to sleep because we got there it was night so we went to sleep and woke up that next morning and we went to our cousins room to hang out til our parents get back from the conference we will chill at the pool because the resort has a indoor pool so we were going to chill after words. It was a very nice hotel and the beds were nice and the people were to they liked to make jokes at the front desk and other things. I hadn’t seen them in a long time and I like see them because they were cool and older. They just like to hang out with me and my sibling even though they were like 4 - 5 years older than me and they are just funny.

It is very bizzare  when you hear housekeeping knock on the door and the door has a do not disturb but we didn’t mind it because we over watching cartoon and drinking juice. Danny phantom turned up loud on the Tv so we don’t care. So being dumb kids we turn of the tv hid in the corner and under the bed so she knew that we were hiding like mice in a dirty house. It was bizarre because all of are parents are in a conference and there is a do not disturb.

So my oldest cousin kennedy checks out the peephole looking for the maid and its this lady outside saying housekeeping and my cousins face was distraught when

she said “ I know that you are in there”. My cousin motioned us to the other side of the room.

She slowly moved away from the door and she went to her phone which was on the side of the room and tried to call her mom but she didn’t pick up because the phone was in the room so the Bing went off and we all looked at each other.

Then the maid lady didn’t make a sound when the phone went off so we thought she left the door so i went to check and she was just standing there with a crazed look on her face just a face of pure hate and evilness in her eyes. I turned around and had the most scared look on my face.

“Is she still there”. My Brother whispers into my ear I nodded my head.

My sister is in the corner crying her eyes out rocking back in for whispering “I don’t wanna die im only 13”.

So we made a plan that we would sit tight until she left because are parents where in this long meeting.

We were in there for hours playing uno silently letting out one little squeak when somebody would win. So I went to check the door again every 30 minutes. After the third hour of being on that hotel room I checked and she was gone. So I opened the door and stuck my head out. I looked out and there was nothing down the hallway it looked like a optical illusion. We put on our shoes and were going to make a dash to the elevator which was about 15 yards down the hall and to left about 10 yards. We ran to the elevator and we were on the top floor so we got on the elevator and the door closed.

We were relieved that we had made it but then the elevator stops on the third floor we expecting like an old couple to be there when the door opens its her. We scatter in every direction and she runs after me because I am the shortest but don’t count me out because i was the fastest so she couldn’t catch me i run up the stairs and she tries to swing the knife at me but she trips on herself and the knife goes in to her side.

As she lets out her final whimper like when step on a dogs tail which was a muffled by the gurgling of her blood coming out of her mouth. I cry because it is a horrible site to see as a child and I find my family and I cry in my mother's arms for a while because if her arm was longer she would have sliced me and I could have been the one in that ambulance on that stretcher.