TA-TA Detective | Teen Ink

TA-TA Detective

October 4, 2018
By ValarieLHernandez SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
ValarieLHernandez SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
8 articles 12 photos 0 comments

       I found Jack Troyer's article, ''TA-TA Detective'' extraordinary because the author wrote about a fictional character named Adrian Spade, who is a Homicide Detective that comes across such a twisted yet disgusted case about the "Boogeyman". In the article, Detective Spade got assigned a case and just like any other day expected nothing of it until he showed up at the actual crime scene. To some up the rest, Spade walks into the house of a young man that was hanging by the noose in his bathroom with a letter and in the letter was a will from his mom saying that him and two of his brothers are in great danger because the boogeyman is after them.She continues saying they have a choice of killing themselves or letting him do it, but what they failed to realize in time was that the boogeyman was really just their eldest brother. Their brother was completely insane and wanted to kill them. I don't agree with the mother when she says, "Just as I warned both you and your brothers, the boogeyman will come for you after my death.The only way to escape him is to end your own life".Each line of this quote shows cowardliness to the reader.No mother that actually cared for her children would ever reasonably think about killing themselves and then telling their children to do so as well instead of fighting to live. Thank you, Jack for allowing me to open my eyes and realize that the world we live in is sometimes a cruel and twisted place.