State Champ Of Love | Teen Ink

State Champ Of Love

By nathalied BRONZE, Carbondale, Pennsylvania
nathalied BRONZE, Carbondale, Pennsylvania

Setting: At states championship basketball game in Hershey, PA at the Hershey stadium. 4th quarter with 6 Minutes left, the Sun Valley Bullets are up by 6 against the Carbondale Chargers. Brooke and Peyton who are cheerleaders for Sun Valley Bullets are sitting on the bench talking while Lucas, the star basketball player, is enduring his game.
PEYTON:  I can't believe how good Lucas is playing tonight! 

BROOKE: I know and that uniform is doing him justice. I think he gets hotter every shot he makes.

PEYTON: (anxious) Weeeellll about that, I have this big crush on him and I think if we win I'm gonna ask him like out to dinner or something I don't know I'm nervous. 

BROOKE: (short and slight attitude)Yeah, do whatever you want. Lets just focus on the game, coach is getting mad that we aren't calling cheers. (turns towards court and calls out a cheer)

ANNOUNCER: With a 2 minute warning the Sun Valley Bullets are up by 9 against the Carbondale Area Chargers. This looks like the Sun Valley bullets can take the win home tonight folks! Lucas Scott is a one-man team! With 11 3's, 15 assists, and 7 foul shots, he is the MVP for tonight! But like always in the basketball world, anything can happen! The Carbondale Area Chargers have a star player, too, that is finally coming off the bench from being injured in the 2nd quarter. Shawn Balinas, or we like to call him, ALLSTATE! With his impressive ability for shooting 3's they might make a comeback.
(Shawn Balinas takes the court while the 2 cheerleaders, Brooke and Peyton just got done doing cheers and turn towards each other)
PEYTON: They finally put back in that allstate or somestate kid or whatever, what if we lose Brooke? Lucas is going to be so sad and he will be too depressed to say yes to me.

BROOKE: (annoyed) Peyton, just stop worrying. This is literally the state championship and you're worried about a dumb jock saying yes to you. I just wanna focus on the game. (turns toward the court and watches game)

PEYTON: (shocked and hurt she slowly turns toward the court and watches Lucas)

ANNOUNCER: At 72-70 the Sun Valley Bullets are leading with 10 seconds left and the Carbondale Area Chargers have the ball down the court on the opposite side of their hoop. Can Shawn, ALLSTATE, Balinas make it down the court and shoot a three to win or shoot a 2 to tie the game up and go into overtime? The ball is in play, Justin passes the ball to ALLSTATE and he dribbles down the court stops at the 3 line, 2 seconds left, Allstate shoots! The ball leaves his hands and in mid air the time buzzes, the ball travels in the air hits the backboard and lays on the rim. The ball circles around the rim and.....it falls out! It's over! The Sun Valley Bullets win 72-70 and Shawn, well NOSTATE, Balinas loses the state championship for the Chargers. What a game folks. You've heard this live coming to you from Hershey Stadium. The Sun Valley Bullets pulled out that big state championship W with Lucas Scott as the star player! See you all next season! Have a safe great night celebrating Bullets! 

PEYTON: (jumps up of the bench and starts to run over to Lucas Scott) Lucas! Lucas! That was such a grea-
(Lucas blows Peyton off and runs past her and goes towards Brooke)
(Brooke notices Lucas running towards her,  fixes her hair, and stands up tall with a smile on her face)

LUCAS: (Yelling while getting closer to Brooke) Brooke! Brooke! Wait up I have a question! (Lucas finally gets close to Brooke) Hey Brooke! How are you haha?

BROOKE: (cheerful and smiles) Hey Lucas, great game tonight! You looked so good out there!  Haha I'm not bad, how about yourself?

PEYTON: (angry and walking over to Brooke and Lucas, slowly while trying to listen)

LUCAS: (Grabs Brookes hand and smiles) Well, I was wondering, we won tonight and that's awesome but it would be way better if I got to spend the win with you tonight, so with that I was wondering if you wanna go out? 

BROOKE: (sees Peyton and quickly smiles and grabs Lucas closer) I thought you’d never ask Lucas! I would love to go out!

Dramatic Scence