Carnival of Love | Teen Ink

Carnival of Love

March 22, 2016
By Ais88 BRONZE, Simpson, Pennsylvania
Ais88 BRONZE, Simpson, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Characters

AMELIA
SOPHIA
JAKE
Setting: Carnival, boardwalk, later in the evening.
Sophia and Amelia arrive in the parking lot next to the board walk entrance. They exit the car and walk up to the gate to buy their tickets. They get through the gate and Amelia instantly sees Jake across from her next to the Ferris wheel.
SOPHIA: What are you waiting for Amelia? Go over there and talk to Jake!
AMELIA: I don’t think I can, he barely notices me during school, let alone at this carnival.
SOPHIA: Don’t be ridiculous, have you seen the way he looks at you?
AMELIA: (blushing) Sophia, I really don’t think it is a big deal, I mean look at all of his friends around him. (Gazing towards the crowd of people) Why would I matter out of all of those people?
SOPHIA: There’s only one way to find out!
(Sophia takes Amelia’s arm and drags her over to the crowd of teenage kids and pushes her right in front of Jake. Sophia then quick disperses within the crowd)
JAKE: Oh hi Amelia!
AMELIA: (Awkwardly pauses) H-hi Jake how is your night going?
JAKE: Pretty good so far. Have you been on any rides yet? I heard the Twister one is the best!
AMELIA: No, I didn’t plan on going on any rides tonight Sophia gets sick and I don’t want to ride all alone.
JAKE: You have to! The rides are the best part at a carnival! (Taking Amelia’s hand)  Let’s go ride some rides!
(Jake and Amelia ride on every ride and get a chance to talk. After they are done they decide to walk around the carnival and play some games together)
AMELIA: I’m really happy you made me go on all of those rides it was a blast!
JAKE: Me too especially because it was with you.\
AMELIA: Oh look! (Pointing to the darts game) I love this game!
JAKE: Let’s play!
(Amelia takes the first turn but only wins a minor prize. Jake goes next and hits every balloon which wins a big prize)
JAKE: Hey Amelia, which prize would you like?
AMELIA: You really want to give me your prize?
JAKE: Of Course! Now pick one.
AMELIA: (to the carnival worker) I would like the purple elephant please.
(The game’s worker picks the elephant off the shelf and hands it to Jake.)
JAKE: I would have picked the same one, you have good taste. (Handing Amelia the stuffed animal)
AMELIA: Thank you! It’s getting late and I should really find Sophia so we could get going.
JAKE: Okay, I will help you look.
(They look everywhere for Sophia, but she is nowhere to be found.)
AMELIA: I can’t believe she left without me!
JAKE: That’s okay, I can take you home that way we can talk more and I can ask you on an official date.
AMELIA: Really? Are you sure?
JAKE: Yes I am positive. I have had a crush on you for a while, but I just got enough courage to actually tell you.
AMELIA: I can’t believe it! I was too scared to ever talk to you thinking you didn’t like me.
JAKE: No way! Now come on I’ll take you home.
(Amelia and Jake exit the carnival, gets into his car, and drives away.)


The author's comments:

this was a dramatic scene assignment given to me by my advanced composition teacher.