On the Daily | Teen Ink

On the Daily

March 14, 2016
By NickJR2468 GOLD, Southwick, Massachusetts
NickJR2468 GOLD, Southwick, Massachusetts
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Macduff: Dear, I'm going on another mission. I feel as if this will take a while, so please be safe.

Mrs. Macduff: Ok honey, you be safe also. Come back to us soon, our son has his school play in two weeks.

Macduff: Of course, how could I ever forget that!

                  Enter Son

Son: Another mission dad?

Macduff: Yes, I'm sorry. I'll be back in time to see you in the play. I know you'll do great!

Son: Thanks dad, have fun and be safe!

Macduff: Love you son.

Son: Love you too dad.

                Son exit

Mrs. Macduff: Honey, please, come home soon, I hate having you away.

Macduff: Don't worry, I will.

Mrs. Macduff: I love you honey.

Macduff: I love you too dear.

                     Macduff exit
                     A few days pass and everything is calm and normal in the Macduff household
                     The doorbell rings breaking the silence

Mrs. Macduff: Oh, hello, who are you?

Murderer: Your husband sent me to stay with you and your family while he is on his mission.

Mrs. Macduff: Ok, come on in then!

Murderer: Thank you for your hospitality

Mrs. Macduff: It’s no problem if you were sent by my husband. I have to listen to him, otherwise I'll end up dead! Haha

Murderer: Haha, I see you have a sense of humor Mrs. Macduff.

                        Enter Son of Macduff

Son: Mom, who is this?

Mrs. Macduff: Your father sent him as a protection while he is on his mission.

Son: Why would he do that? He has never done it before.

Mrs. Macduff: because he cares about us. He doesn't know how long this mission will take, it's a long journey to where he is going.

Son: Well I'm just questioning it.
         
                        Son exit.

Mrs. Macduff: So let's take your stuff and I'll bring you to your room.

Murderer: Ok sounds good!

                        Both exit
                        Nightfall comes with an eire darkness
                        Mrs. Macduff enters Son’s room

Son: Mom, I don't know how I feel about this guy. Dad has never sent anyone before, so why would he send someone now?

Mrs. Macduff: Your father told me before he left that he had no idea how long this mission was going to take. Understand that it is a very dangerous one, one worse than any he has done before.

Son: Is dad going to come home?

Mrs. Macduff: I hope so, I really hope so.

Son: I do too mom, what would we do without him?

Mrs. Macduff: we would get by, but I never want to hear that come out of your mouth again. We don't have to fear.

Son: Ok mom I trust you.

Mrs. Macduff: Goodnight son, rest up for the great things that I know you will accomplish someday.

Son: Goodnight mom, thank you. You're the best.

Mrs. Macduff: I love you.

Son: Love you too.

                         Mrs. Macduff exits and Murderer enters

Son: Hi, Mr…..

Murderer: Elcrott, Mr. Elcrott

Son: So what are you doing here?

Murderer: Your father sent me to protect you and your mother.

Son: But why would he now? He has never done it before, what gives him the reason to send someone this time?

Murderer: I'll tell you the truth. This mission has gone wrong and now you and your mother are at risk.

Son: Are you serious? Is my father going to die? Is he already dead?

Murderer: Your father is fine, for now at least. Who knows what's going to happen. You need to stay calm and not tell any of this to your mother.

Son: Uh, ok. I guess I can to that.

Murderer: Ok, now I'll go get you a glass of warm milk to help you fall asleep.

Son: That would be nice, thank you.

                   Murderer leaves to get milk from kitchen
                   As he walks out he grabs a knife also and puts it in his back pocket
                   Murderer renters Son’s room

Murderer: Here you go. (He hands the glass of milk over)

Son: Thank you Mr. Elcrott.

Murderer: Now drink up; you have to get your sleep.

Son: I will, I just have a few more questions for you.

Murderer: Um… Ok, just don't forget to keep drinking your milk.

Son: So for real… Who are you and what are you doing here?

Murderer: Do you really want to know?

Son: YES!!!

Murderer: First off, I can tell you that I'm not your father’s friend.

Son: What do you mean?

Murderer: Your father didn't send me, Mr. Macbeth did.

Son: Mr. Macbeth? Why would he send you here?

Murderer: He wants to stop the Macduff family from ever having the chance to better him.

Son: I don't understand, we have always gotten along with him, what is he so worried about?

Murderer: He doesn't want your father and especially you from ever getting better than him, taking away his power.

Son: Whatever happens in life happens; Mr. Macbeth doesn't have any control over that.

Murderer: He does, the witches told him.

Son: Witches? They aren't real! He has gone mad!

Murderer: This is the truth, and I'll make what Mr. Macbeth wants to happen, actually happen.

Son: So what are you going to do then?

Murderer: I’m going end the Macduff family line.

Son: How?

Murderer: First I'm gonna kill you then your mother.

Son: You wouldn't dare, you could never get away with that. You would go to jail for the rest of your life, or even the death penalty!

Murderer: Trust me, none of that will happen, I know what I'm doing. Now drink up, it's the last time you’re having milk.

Son: MOOOMMMM!!!

Murderer: Hush boy, she cannot help you now.

     Murderer takes the knife or from his back pocket and in one swift motion slides it across the son’s neck.
      Murderer exits room into hall
                 Mrs. Macduff walks by to her son’s room; she looks in and shrieks in horror at the sight of her son

Mrs. Macduff: AHHH!!! WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY SON!

       Mrs. Macduff turns to the murderer

Mrs. Macduff: You were supposed to protect us!

Murderer: No I wasn’t.

       The murderer then grabs the hair on the back of Mrs. Macduff’s head and slides the knife smoothly across her neck also
        The lifeless body drops to the ground with a loud thud

Murderer: Well my job is done here. Mr. Macbeth will be pleased.


The author's comments:

This is based off of Macbeth by Shakespeare, just a more modern version. And yes, it's supposed to be cheesy.