Blood Feud | Teen Ink

Blood Feud

By Cwitmer19 GOLD, Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Cwitmer19 GOLD, Shippensburg, Pennsylvania

"We are the all singing all dancing crap of the world"-Tyler Durden

Ext. Newly Built House-day

A country style home in the middle of a field, surrounding for miles by pure greenery and one road. Karen (late 50's), a realtor in a red pantsuit, talks to a young husband and wife. Karen gestures towards the yard of the house, where a few construction workers use futuristic tools to place a support beam under a porch. Karen laughs, shaking her client's hands. They turn to walk toward their car. Karen's smile fades. She pulls out a small glass cellphone and dials, pacing. She begins speaking. She sighs and hangs up, lips pursed.

EXT. paved road-day

A black car with tinted windows speeds down a paved road.
int. car-day (Cont'd)

We see a leather clad hand tighten its grip on a black steering wheel. HEAVY BREATHING heard. The camera moves to reveal a leather bag on the car's center console. 
Exterior. apartment-night

We see a pair of feet in sneakers, walking down concrete steps and sidewalk. TIRES ON ASPHALT heard. The feet back up, then turn and sprint. After a few strides, the feet trip and their owner falls.
Smash cut to:

Int. car trunk-night

We see a black screen. HEAVY BREATHING, THUMPING, and the WHIZZING OF TIRES heard. A BREAK SCREECHES, and then a LOUD THUD. The trunk is thrown open and we see blinding white light. 

EXT. field-day

The bottom half of a man in jeans is visible, being dragged across a field, flailing. He is Max. MUFFLED SOBS heard.

Int. writing room-day

A tape recorder plays in the middle of a writing desk.

Max (v.o.)
January 27th, 2031. Um, I haven't written anything today, but I remain hopeful. Just one good idea and I've got my ticket out... Some days I think I'll never make it.

Int. Newly Built house-day

Max POV.
A freshly painted barren room is just visible through a burlap sack. Maxes' arms and legs are tied to a chair in the center of the room, and he is shirtless. In front of him stand two large men in three piece suits and WWII style gas masks. They are BREAKER and CHECK.Their gas masks are strewn with wires, which connect to various parts of their body through metal sockets. Breaker walks up to Max and pulls the burlap sack from his head, revealing a duct-taped mouth.
FULL VIEW OF THE ROOM.
Beaker pulls a TAPE RECORDER from his suit pocket, and clicks play, tilting his head.

Breaker (V.O.)

We know you Max. All too well. We're not happy. You waste your life Max, and we feel we could put it to much better use.

Breaker stops the tape, and returns it to his suit.Check takes out a FACE MASK COVERED IN WIRES and a TAPE RECORDER, moving toward Max. He places the oxygen mask on Max and clicks play on the recorder. 

Check (v.o.)
Run, and you won't get far

Check walks toward Max, placing the face mask on him. Then, he pulls a LONG KNIFE from inside his jacket, and slashes Max across the chest.  A SCREAM is heard. Maxes' blood begins to flow upward, toward a basin nailed to the ceiling, while Max struggles, confused. Breaker sprints towards him, and shoves a syringe into his cut. Breaker withdrawals blood, and then pulls a wire from his gas mask, injecting into it. Check does the same. Then, the two leave the room in unison. 
Max cries softly, observing his cuts, which still ooze upward. He glances towards the door Breaker and Check exited, and sees nothing. He begins moving his wrists, attempting to slide out of the rope. It proves futile. He tries to wriggle out of his mask, but it is fastened tightly. Enraged, he thrusts forward, and the chair slides up. Max looks down, seeing that the chair is nailed to the floor, but it is trying to fly upward. He wretches forward again, keeping his eye on the door. The nails creep upward. He wretches. Looks at the door. Wretches. Door. five more times until the nails pop out of the floor. Suddenly, his chair is thrust upward with him still attached. The legs hit the ceiling with a BOOM. Max glances down and sees Check and Breaker walk in. Check takes out his tape and holds it up.

CHECK (V.O.)
Run and you won't get far.

Max rewinds the tape and hits play.

CHECK (V.O.) COnt'd
Run and you won't get far. 

He rewinds once more.

CHECK (V.O.) CONT'D
Run and you won't get far.

They look around, not up, and then turn to search the house. Max relaxes, looking in front of him. There is a nail sticking from the ceiling. He reaches his hands out and rubs the rope against the nail. After a while, it snaps, and max unbinds his legs. Just when he is about to take off his mask, he looks down, assesses the fall, and thinks otherwise. He creeps along the ceiling toward the exit door. SHUFFLING heard off screen. When he reaches the frame, he jumps down and grabs it. Breaker sprints up from behind and wrestles him to the ground, piercing his leg with a syringe. In one hand is a PILLOW, which he shoves over Maxes' face. It gets caught upon a mask wire, and FEATHERS fly toward the ceiling, momentarily distracting Breaker. Max pushes him off, rolling to the side. As he flies up, he catches Breaker's neck with the rope he cut from his hands. The upward force strangles Breaker. Check runs at Max from behind, knocking him out of the way, and his mask off. Max falls from the air. Readying himself to fight, he turns toward Check. Check is kneeling near Breaker, shaking, holding his head.

Check
(muffled)
No! No no no no no no no no no no! Oh God. Oh God. She didn't tell us this would happen!

Check pulls out his syringe and starts drawing mass amounts of blood from himself. He puts it all into Breaker's mask, but Breaker does not stir. He keeps going, his suit stained red. Max creeps up behind Check and raises the syringe, ready to stab his neck. Check turns around and nods, ushering him to do it. Maxes' arm shakes, and he doesn't go through with it. Check pulls the recorder from Breaker's suit and plays it.

BREAKER (V.O.)
We know you Max. All too well. We're not happy. You waste your life Max a...

Check rewinds the tape.

BREAKER (V.O.)
Well. We're not happy. You waste your life.

Check rewinds and fast forwards the tape so the following plays as he points toward Breaker's body. 

BREAKER (V.O.)
w..You waste.... life..M
Check stops the tape and shakes his head. Slowly, Check turns back toward Breaker, and leans over him. Check continues injecting Breaker. After a moment, Max walks out. 

INT. other NEWLY BUILT HOUSE-DAY
Max sits on the porch steps of a beautiful and ornate home in the suburbs. He is well dressed, and is editing a few PAGES OF TEXT.

INSERT:
BLOOD FEUD PART TWO: GRAVITY OF THE SITUATION across the top of the pages.

The realtor from the first scene sits beside Max, in jeans and a shirt now. They drink cans of soda. The realtor picks up her can and raises it with a little smile. 

Realtor
A toast, to the success of your new book.

MAX
(Laughing)
Sometimes I'm almost glad I got kidnapped.

REALTOR
That's crazy.

MAX
I joke, but it HAS been nice lately.

REALTOR
I'm glad things worked out.

MAX
Thanks Mom.