Fangs, Fur, and Feathers | Teen Ink

Fangs, Fur, and Feathers

May 11, 2015
By FallenWriter1998 BRONZE, Stockton, Missouri
FallenWriter1998 BRONZE, Stockton, Missouri
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Sometimes the hardest thing to wear is our own skin." ~ Jayy Von Monroe


Cast of Characters:
Ithúriel of Beauty: An Angel that appears to be twenty.

Lucian Hélfyre: A vampire who  appears to be twenty but is much older.

Nuka Greymäne:  A werewolf in his early twenties.

  Sarafina Lamay:  A witch in her late forties.
 
  Illuminati:   Cloaked men who wish to send Ithúriel back to Heaven.

(Curtain up)

SETTING: Modern day Transylvania, in the province Covasna. A place where three not-so-mortal beings exist. Ithúriel, the Angel of Beauty, is in the lobby of the opera house after the final showing. Ithúriel applies lipstick. ENTER Lucian. As she she turns from the mirror, she bumps into Lucian.

Ithúriel: (fixes Lucian with a glare.) Watch where you’re going.

Lucian: (appears fine at first, but her attitude sparks anger within him.) You need to watch that pretty little mouth of yours before it gets you into trouble. (Smirks and flashes his fangs.)

Ithúriel: You don’t scare me. (Unfurls her wings.)

Lucian: (covers his eyes at the brightness) An angel!

(Ithúriel EXIT down right Lucian recovers from the light only to find himself alone. Enter Nuka.)

Lucian: You, did you see that girl?

Nuka: I have a name. I am Nuka. And yes, I saw Ithúriel. She’s really hot.

Lucian: I’m Lucian. I meant before she left this room.

Nuka: Nah, I saw her in the hall.

Lucian: D--------. She is an angel.

Nuka: I know, man. (Sighs longingly.)

Lucian: (frustrated)  I mean she is seriously an Angel. She has wings and everything.

Nuka: Am I being pranked? Where’s Ashton? (Looks around for cameras.)

Lucian: I’m telling the truth. I’ll even prove it.

Nuka: How?

(Lucian reveals fangs.)

Nuka: (Begins growling, fur begins to show.) How does that prove anything? You’re clearly a vampire.

Lucian: I revealed myself. She then blinded me with her wings and left.

(Exit Lucian stage left. Enter Ithúriel stage right.)

Ithúriel: (To Nuka)  Has that vampire left?

Nuka: Yes, but tell me...are you truly an angel? You are beautiful; your presence intoxicates me.

Ithrúriel: Yes, I am. You are a very fine wolf. (Pets his head tenderly.) Meet me here in two hours.

Nuka: (purrs) Alright.

Ithrúriel: Now leave me. I have preparations to make.

(Exit Nuka up right)

Ithrúriel: No one truly loves me for me. They love my beauty, so why even try?

(Enter Lucian)

Lucian: You are beautiful yet distressed. What plagues you?

Ithúriel: I want to settle down. I want to find love.

Lucian: For you, I will try my best to make you  happy, and in time perhaps I will love you. You seem to have a fragile soul for someone so strong. That is what has drawn me to you.

Ithúriel: You are too kind. But how am I fragile?  May I ask your name?

Lucian: You try to seem strong and uncaring, but you crave love. I am Lucian Hèlfyre, the head of the Black Night Coven. You haven’t properly introduced yourself either, milady.

Ithúriel: I am Ithúriel, the angel of beauty. I have no second name nor a place in this world. The lord sent me down to find love, but I am afraid no one wants to be with the real me. The one beneath my skin.

Lucian: I’d like to try. I want to help you complete your mission. I have scoured the world for my mate, but alas, she has never come along. I will learn to love you.

Ithúriel: Kind Lucian, meet me here in one hour and forty-five minutes.

Lucian: Yes, milady. (Exits up center)

(Time flies by as Ithúriel prepares for the night. She lets her hair down and removes her make-up. Enter Lucian up left. Enter Nuka down left)

Ithúriel: Gentlemen, I have asked you here for a very important quest. The quest for my heart. I wish to have each of you by my side.

Lucian: But milady, I have already sworn to love you.

Nuka: I want her.

Ithúriel: Please don’t fight.

Lucian: Then choose one of us.

Nuka: Yeah, choose. I don’t like to share.

Ithrúriel: Please. Give me some time.

Nuka: Fine. Let’s go, Lucian.

Lucian: You have a half hour; that’s it.

(Nuka and Lucian Exit up center. Enter Sarafina up right)

Sarafina: What is wrong, child?

Ithúriel: I fear I want two men, and they want me to choose. I know that I must find love, so if I have both, then I’ll always have at least one’s love. Tonight is my last night on earth. I don’t want to go back yet.

Sarafina: When they return, tell them you choose them both. Don’t split your heart.

Ithúriel: You’ve been through this.

Sarafina: Yes, I still have them both. Terra-lynn and Persephone.

Ithúreil: Do you think I’ll be able to keep both of mine?

Sarafina: Anything is possible, little angel.

Ithúriel: They’ll be here soon. I have no idea what to say. Or do, for that matter.

Sarafina: Tell them your heart aches for both of them. From there it will be up to them. May I ask their names?

Ithúriel: Nuka and Lucian. Lucian is a vampire, and Nuka is a werewolf.

Sarafina: I have a potion. If they drink it they will fall in love with the first person they see. (Hands Ithúriel a bottle.)

Ithúriel: Thank you, but you must leave. I hear them approaching.

(Exit Sarafina up left. Enter Lucian and Nuka up center. Ithúriel has her back to the men. She pours wine into three glasses, then adds the potion to two.)

Ithúriel: (turns to Lucian and Nuka) Come, have a seat. I have prepared wine to make this evening go more smoothly.

(Nuka and Lucian exchange a look before taking the poison-laced wine.Ithúriel sips her wine softly as Nuka and Lucian drink theirs. Lucian and Nuka suddenly stumble before passing out. Ithrúriel watches with quiet amusement. The men sit up jerkily and open their eyes. Their eyes meet.)

Ithrúriel: (angrily)  Look at me, boys! I have to have love!

(Lucian and Nuka look towards the sudden outburst.)

Nuka: Yes, Ith?

Lucian: What do you need?

(Lucian and Nuka stand and intertwine their fingers. They smile at Ithúriel and tilt their heads in opposite directions.)

Ithrúriel: (desperately) No, no, no! This isn’t how it was supposed to go.

Nuka: This isn’t how what was supposed to go, dear?

Ithúriel: (sobs) Y-you two are supposed to love me. Not each other. Me!

Lucian: Nuke-Nuke, lets leave the devastated angel alone. We need to get better acquainted, my love.  

Nuka: Alright, Luci. I’ll see you around, Ith. (Smiles and waves.)

(Lucian and Nuka exits down right. Ithúriel begins having a breakdown. Screams echo through the room. Men in cloaks rush in, trying to restrain her. She thrashes beneath them.)

Ithúriel: I won't go back! I have to have love!! Heaven can’t have me! I won’t go back without love!!

(Curtain Down)