Ouija | Teen Ink

Ouija

January 9, 2015
By Aman Kaur BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
Aman Kaur BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Ouija Board

Characters:
Elna: main Character, late teens
Jason: 16yrs
Noah: 11 yrs
Ted: From the Ouija Board
Ouija Board: ...the board
Lisa: Elna’s older sister

Setting: Starts in up north Wisconsin in a dark basement. Elna, Jason, and Noah are about to try the Ouija board in the dark with their phone screens as the only source of light. The board is on the floor between Elna, Jason, and Noah

Elna: Okay, now that we have this set up, remember to keep your hands on the board at all times.
Jason: I’ll ask the first question. Noah, are you sure you want to do this? You might get scared.
Noah: No, I won’t get scared. I promise.
Jason: Okay. I’ll ask the questions. Okay, are you guys ready?
Elna: Yeah. Lets starts.
Jason: Alright. What is your name?
Ouija board: (triangle slowly moves to T-E-D)
Jason: How old are you?
Ouija Board: (Slowly moves to 3-7)
Jason: When did u become a spirit?
Ouija board: (slowly moves to 1-7)
Noah: (Starts crying and picks up his hands off the board) I don’t want to do this anymore!
Elna: (Picks up her hands from the board) Noah, it’s okay. It’s not real. Relax.
Jason: (Picks up his hands from the board) Noah, stop crying. It’s not real, okay?
Noah: This is too scary. Can we please close this?
Ouija board: (Slowly moves to N-O)
Elna: Okay, now thats freaky
Ouija board: (Moves to J-K, then moves to -9-, then moves to GOODBYE)
Jason: Alright I guess now we’re going to have to close this.
Elna: Lets go back now guys. It’s getting dark outside. We also have to go eat dinner.
(The three main characters clean up and make their way upstairs)


The Next Day
Setting: Milwaukee, the day after trying the Ouija Board at Elna’s house at night

Elna: (Finally finishes homework and is making her way to the kitchen to eat dinner at 9:30 but notices she has a voicemail that came at 9PM. Elna opens the voicemail to see what it is)
Ted: (Voicemail has only heavy breathing in it)
Elna: Probably someone that’s just pranking (Ignores it and eats dinner)

2 Days After Trying the Ouija board
Setting: Milwaukee at Elna’s house at night 9PM

lisa: Elna! You got another voicemail from an unknown number!
Elna: I don’t care! Just open it! It’s probably that kid who thinks I don’t know he’s trying to prank me!
Ted: (Speaks in a voice of a child) Tell Elna I like her white scarf.
Elna: Wait. I never told anyone about my new white scarf. No one has seen it yet...Lisa, what time did this voicemail come?
Lisa: At 9. Why? (lisa smiles at Elna) What if it’s Ted?
Elna: Lisa, stop scaring me. I don’t believe in that stuff. I only did the Ouija Board because it seemed board. (Elna went to her room, frightened a little by what Lisa just said)

3 Days After Trying the Ouija Board
Setting: MIlwaukee at Elna’s House at night 9PM. Elna and Lisa are sitting in the family room both watching TV

Elna: (Sees there is another unknown voicemail at 9PM and thinks of Ted again but still opens the voicemail)
Ted: (Speaks in a child’s voice once again) I’m gonna tell my parents you’re harassing me!
Elna: (Completely frightened)
Lisa: (Also seems to be frightened) That’s just creepy Elna.

4 Days after the Ouija Board
Setting: Elna’s house in Milwaukee at 8:40PM, Elna is home alone

Elna: (Comes out of the bathroom and walks downstairs when she thinks she sees Jason, Noah and Lisa sneaking up the stairs. Elna stands by her bedroom door across from the bathroom where she sees the three of them sneaking into the bathroom. She decides to spy on them so she stands by the bathroom door where they cannot see her.)
Lisa: (Whispering voice) Jason Hurry up!
Noah: (Whispering Voice) Yeah! Hurry up! She’s gonna come!
Elna: (Walks into the bathroom without sneaking so she could see what they are up to. When she walks in, she sees Jason writing on the mirror with toothpaste. On the mirror, the letters T-E-D are written.) It was you guys the whole time!
         (Lisa, Jason, and Noah are shocked to see her)
Noah: (Starts laughing) Admit it Elna! You really thought there was a Ted!!!
Lisa: (Also laughing) You should have seen how scared you were getting!!!
Jason: (Also laughing) I can’t believe you fell for it!!!