Nothing More: A Script by A Single Lady | Teen Ink

Nothing More: A Script by A Single Lady

October 3, 2014
By Anonymous

Sometimes I wonder if you think it’s strange the way I stare at your eyes so long. I’m captivated by the light is reflected in your eyes, like sun in a reflecting pool. Sometimes I wonder if I get a stupid smile on my face when you smile at me. Your smile, it makes my heart flutter and my cheeks blush. But I can’t. I’m sorry. I wish I could tell you that one day I’ll love you for who you really are, your flaws and all, but I can’t. I wish you could say the same to me, but when you come to know the extent of my flaws, you’ll realize you can’t either. You’re not ready to deal with me. We flirt. Mutually. Sweetly. It’s only a game, now anyways. But you see, we can’t get beyond this. When you come to know who I really am, you won’t want to love me for who I really am. You’re not ready for me. I could wistfully hope you’ll change, but I can’t live in fairytale expectations. I hope you find a girl that makes you want to be the leader you have the potential to be. A girl that will make you laugh and be there when you cry. And I hope I find a man who will lead me. A guy that will make me laugh and be there for me when I cry. But for now, we both wait. Mutually single, mutually attracted to another, but mutually choosing to wait for someone who will fit to us like a puzzle piece. Keep on hoping, don’t settle, don’t give up. She’ll come one day, and I’m hoping my man will too.


The author's comments:

I wrote this script from personal experience. It really helped me to process some of the emotions I was keeping bottled up.