The Mission | Teen Ink

The Mission

By jackcanavan7 BRONZE, Spokane, Washington
jackcanavan7 BRONZE, Spokane, Washington

Agent Apollo Jones (played by Ben Gedeon) is a black undercover NYPD officer in the heart of 1970s Harlem. Jones’ headstrong, independent, cool attitude and his play by his own rules style has escalated him as one of the most respected members of the force. His undercover work has led to many of the biggest busts in New York. Being raised on the streets of Harlem himself, he has the street knowledge and the skills to infiltrate the biggest organized crime rings in the area. One could say he’s the perfect cop, leaving the bad guys quaking in their Nikes.

However, few know of Apollo’s biggest secret: his father, also an NYPD officer, was brutally murdered by the powerful Yakuza boss, “Kamakiri” (“the Mantis”), while trying to infiltrate the Yakuza crime ring of New York. His father’s murder is Apollo’s sole reason for joining the force, and he will not stop until he sees Kamakiri brought into the avenging arms of the law.

One rainy night while enjoying his daily hot cup of joe at his favorite diner, the phone behind the counter rings, it’s the call Apollo has be waiting for for 15 years. The waitress answers the phone and hands it to Apollo. It’s the police chief. The chief tells Apollo that Kamakiri has been becoming more and more active again. A Yakuza drug lord with ties to Kamakiri has been rapidly taking over the west coast. The chief tells Apollo that he’ll be transferring to Beverly Hills with one mission: take down Kamakiri by any means necessary.

Teaming up with world renowned private investigator and old Golden Gloves sparring partner, Sloan McTavish (played by Jack Canavan), and inside intel man Gordy Mason (played by Grant Hanson), the two renegade men of the law set out with a thirst that only justice can satisfy. Will they succeed? Will Apollo’s father’s death be avenged? Or will Kamakiri and the Yakuza swallow up the two in the ultimate quest for justice? Watch this highly acclaimed summer action-thriller, “The Mission,” and find out.

This is a very beautiful and rare movie script that will win an Emmy