Frankenstein (rewritten) | Teen Ink

Frankenstein (rewritten)

September 27, 2013
By Mik62197 PLATINUM, Linda, California
Mik62197 PLATINUM, Linda, California
23 articles 3 photos 0 comments

As we fade in we zoom in on a glacier. At the summit of Montanvert Dr. Frankenstein stands in search of a sort of immense, eternal beauty to lift his spirits. At the top of the glacier he spots a massively grotesque creature running towards him at high speed. As the creature gets closer Dr. Frankenstein begins to threaten him, and it appears he will follow through on his fearful threats. The creature begins to tell him that he means no harm, and eloquently persuades him to come into a cave of ice where there is a warm fire. Once settled inside the cave the monster begins to tell his tale.
(We zoom in on Dr. Frankenstein and the creature sitting across from each other with a small fire in between them.)

Creature: The first moment I opened my eyes I descended into a deep darkness feeling nothing but cold air finding myself desolate (Camera shows the creature in his first moments of life). I covered myself with clothes, but once I stepped out into the mist of midnight I found these clothes insufficient and useless. I was miserably poor and without any sense of hope. I knew nothing and did not have a sustainable place to live (Shows walking alone with ragged clothing without a place to go at nighttime). Overcome with an immense pain I sat down and let out a gut wrenching cry. (He sighed) Soon a bright light radiated over me bringing a sense of pleasure. I was filled with wonder as the light began to rise above the trees grazing across the blue sky (Shows clips of the creatures first moments experiencing sunshine). In my search for berries I found a cloak and covered myself with it (A visual of the creature searching for berries and putting on the cloak). Four thoughts occupied my thoughts and they all confused me. I felt light, hunger, thirst, and darkness descending once again. As the day began to change to night the light became dimmer and dimmer (Shot of the days turning to nights as the creature sat there alone in his own world). One very cold day I found an abandoned fire left by a few beggars. In my joy I thrust my palm into the fire, and then wrenched it out with a pain filled cry. My happiness had been sucked out of me, so I decided to leave. As the days went on food became scarce and very hard to find.

We see the creature gathering his cloak and he headed out into the forest in the shelter. He wraps the dirt covered cloak around his shoulder and picks himself up slowly off the forest floor. His stomach has cave in and his limbs have turned custard yellow. With bags under his eyes and the suffering he has endured he looks frighteningly grotesque and filled with large amounts of suffering.
(The lights slowly fade as we see the Creature heading off toward the woods in search for food).


The author's comments:
A rewritten version of the orginal and only an excerpt