bye bye monica | Teen Ink

bye bye monica

May 12, 2013
By powerpuff14 BRONZE, Harare, Other
powerpuff14 BRONZE, Harare, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you don't understand my silence you will never understand My words.


BYE –BYE KELLY

Characters
MONICA
ALLAN
KELLY

World War 3 three when Iran gets hold of nuclear power the world including Japan tries to steal it back the Iranians find out about the worlds plan. Americans eventually get it back but many have died in this disaster. This is a story about a man who is visited by his wife’s ghost.

ALLAN: Dear Monica this world war has taken what I treasured most my love, you, I write these letters



everyday to take away the pain and guilt. It should have been me, Oh God should have taken me I

walked by you in that war but the day I turned around on you, you fell to the floor.

KELLY: Dad are you ok? I’m sorry that we had to lose mom that way…………………………. (Crying)


Dad I’m worried, what if I have to lose you that way dad! Dad! Dad! (Scream)

ALLAN: (cradles Kelly) Kelly I will always be here for you so will your mother she’s watching over us right this moment, you go to bed now darling your mother will be with you all night.

(Kelly walks off)

MONICA: Allan my darling Allan come with me help me pass through to the other side darling come come!

ALLAN: HELLO Monica is that you

MONICA: This is a strange way to communicate but I want my family.

ALLAN: Wait there is no way you are coming back.

MONICA: But you’re guaranteed to come one day and so is Kelly.

ALLAN: What!?

MONICA: Allan come bring Kelly with you do whatever you have to just get yourself here get yourself to where I am (walks off)
ALLAN: What does she ever mean? Does she mean that I take my daughter’s life and mine?
Suicide is she crazy am I crazy? I don’t know if this is the right thing to do
Paces up and down pulling hair grunting


I can never get myself to do it and Kelly, how do I kill Kelly if she decides do not to come with me!
If she doesn’t want to come I’ll give her to my sister Terra she has the time and the money to look after her.
But I can’t leave her behind she needs her dad, but Terra always wanted a child Let me reason with Kelly.





Wakes up Kelly

KELLY: dad what on earth is it?

ALLAN: Kelly how do you fell about dying to be with your mother again?

KELLY: Dad that’s out of the question I miss mom dearly but dad we’ve got to move with our lives we can’t do that.

ALLAN: Your mother talked to me today she wants us to be with her I’ll give you until tomorrow at nine o’ clock to decide otherwise I’m leaving this world without you.

MONICA: Do not leave her behind kill her if you must but bring her with you Allan.

ALLAN: I couldn’t kill you own Daughter she has to leave this world if she must.

MONICA: Do you want to make me happy Allan do it!

ALLAN: I’m not taking my daughters’ life Monica. I will not be subjected to this, I’ll come with you. We can wait for her to come; we can’t force her into it.

MONICA: Wise you are Allan my time on this earth I spent well but I am still not at peace. I would settle down with you here.

ALLAN: Darling I will see you on the side but first I will need to say goodbye.

MONICA: Very well see you soon

ALLAN: Kelly wake up, wake up!

KELLY: Yes dad I never really fell asleep, but I was on the verge of it.
ALLAN: Kelly these are the things I want to say to you before I’m kicking daisies.

KELLY: Dad you can’t take your own life. I’m sure that mom doesn’t want us too. You’re reacting to this in a bad way. There is a better way to solve things.

ALLAN: Kelly I want you to have all of my things and move in with aunt Terra. I’ve made my final decision.

KELLY: (Sobbing) Dad NO!

ALLAN: Do you want me to be happy?

KELLY: DAD WE CAN BE HAPPY IF YOU JUST GIVE THIS WORD WITHOUT MOM A CHANCE!!

ALLAN: Kelly calm down. You………

KELLY: HOW dad, how do I calm down when you just told me that you don’t care enough to stick around!?

ALLAN: Kelly I love you more than anything in the world but you have a choice to come with me. Kelly this is the last hug you’ll get from me I’m calling Terra.

ALLAN WALKS OUT

KELLY: He can’t, I won’t let him.

ALLAN: Terra I’m going to die in a few hours, I want you to take Kelly, I can’t tell you why I’m going to die but I want you to love and take care of her as your own. Thank you I know this is sudden but I’d trust you with my life.

ALLAN: Kelly get packing.

KELLY: Yes dad (sounding shaken).

ALLAN: Monica Monica?

MONICA: Do it now.

KELLY: DAD I’m DONE!
ALLAN: Wait for a taxi outside.

KELLY RUNS TO HER DAD GIVES HIM A BIG HUG

KELLY: Don’t do it!

ALLAN: I have to.

KELLY: No you don’t.

ALLAN: Bye-Bye Kelly I’ll always love you.

KELLY: I love you to dad (IN tears)

KELLY WALKS OFF.

ALLAN OPENS DRAWER TAKES POISEN TAKE A DEEP BREATH IN AND SIPS IT.

ALLAN: Do all the things you want to do let all your memories see you through and live life to the full remember things that people around you once knew.

ALLAN DROPS TO FLOOR.

MONICA: Allan, Allan you made it!

ALLAN: MONICA!!!

They hug and the curtain closes!

END OF PLAY


The author's comments:
I love writing things about ghosts and spirits it helps me release fear of things