No Matter What... | Teen Ink

No Matter What...

By Kriiistenify GOLD, Gastonia, North Carolina
Kriiistenify GOLD, Gastonia, North Carolina

“If a person offends you, and you are in doubt as to whether it was intentional or not, do not resort to extreme measures; simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick.”- Mark Twain

Jonah: Look at me when I’m talking to you!

Carina: I can’t... Jonah, I can’t.... (stands away with her back facing him)

Jonah: Why can’t you see I’m here for you, Carina!? I love you, why do you just push me away like that? I don’t get understand-

Carina: That's what I do! I push people away! I run away! (short pause) I do it over and over again. It's my way of defense and protection so I wind up not getting hurt by anyone but myself! Because... I can't trust anyone but myself... You just don’t get it Jonah...

Jonah: (goes over to her and turns her around gently) If I didn’t get it, I wouldn’t be here for you like I am right now. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t be trying so hard to keep your attention, and show you that I’m here for you. (gently holds her face in his hands)

Carina: (looks down and lets out a deep breath)

Jonah: Only you...

Carina: (looks up at him, holding his gaze for a few seconds, then hugs him tightly) I.. I know you are...

Jonah: Please stop pushing me away...

Carina: I really don’t mean to. My mind over thinks itself. It always tells me I’m not good enough, that I’m not good enough for you. You deserve better, Jonah...

Jonah: (takes her by her shoulders and pushes her in front of himself, still holding her there as he talks seriously) No one will ever be better for me than you.

Carina: Can’t you see, I’m not healthy? There’s something wrong with me. I have serious problems that you shouldn’t have-

Jonah: I will always be here for you, to help you. You’re worth everything to me.

Carina: but, Jonah-

Jonah: “but” nothing. (kisses her) See? (embraces her as he talks to soothe her, while gently rocking) I’ll be here for you no matter what. I am yours, and always will be. I love you.

on Apr. 7 2013 at 6:58 pm

I just wanted to write a dramatic scene, I didn't really want to write a play or anything. Thanks for reading. 

on Apr. 7 2013 at 3:17 am
theatregirl PLATINUM, Lathrup Village, Michigan

"To thine own self be true," -from Hamlet, a play by Shakespeare.
"I have sworn on the altar of god eternal hostility against all forms of tyranny over the mind of man." - Thomas Jefferson

While the story is wildly out of context, I liked it. It be nice wrote a longer story more context, and put this scene at the end. Overall, keep writing.:)