Still Human | Teen Ink

Still Human

By soulkey SILVER, Hamburg, Pennsylvania
soulkey SILVER, Hamburg, Pennsylvania

Cast

Adele:

Escaped World War III engulfed Earth, and fled to a planet called Neto. All her friends and family died on this new planet for multiple reasons (can't eat alien food, no oxygen on planet, new sicknesses and diseases the humans aren't immune too). ADELE is one of the few humans to survive on Neto. However she is a Cyborg.

Master Gunnar:

Wealthy and powerful alien that inhabits the planet of Neto. Provides money and other resources to the X Alliance in Earth's World War III. (The different countries of Earth are at war with each other, and some countries have formed alliances with different alien races).

Scene 1

[On the planet Neto. Inside MASTER GUNNAR'S Large alien House. ADELE is in the room standing somewhere. MASTER GUNNAR is also in the room].

Master Gunnar:

Adele?

Adele:

[Swiftly walks over to MASTER GUNNAR]
Yes, Master?

Master Gunnar:

I am sending you back to Earth. You are going to help fight in the war.

Adele:

What? I came to Neto to escape the war. I came in hopes of a better life...free of suffering and death.

Master Gunnar:

How dare you argue with me! Have you already forgotten that I saved your life? You are forever in debt to me!
Without me...the disease would have killed you!...But I kept it from reaching your heart...I replaced the body parts that had no chance of recovery and replaced them with machinery. I even attached life-support to you! You are my cyborg! You belong to me!

Adele:

Just because I'm half robot doesn't mean I don't have feelings! I don't wanna be your slave...I'm not an object!

Master Gunnar:

You stupid girl! You don't have feelings! You just remember what it was like to have emotions...and are tricking yourself into believing that you still do!

Adele:

But...M-Master...I'm scared...I don't wanna go back to that dying world.

Master Gunnar:

You are not scared! You don't feel pain, you don't feel sadness or fear! You don't feel anything! And you will do whatever I command! And you know very well the consequence for disobedience. May I remind you that I have the remote to shut off your life-support...and I will not hesitate to use it!

(Waving around remote with a big red button...in ADELE'S face)

Scene 2

Adele:

B-But-

Master Gunnar:

(Interrupts)

Enough!

You will board the rocket ship heading back to Earth in 10 minutes! And you will help the X Alliance win this war. And if you are not on that rocket...well...

(looks down at remote)

I will end you permanently.

Scene 3

Adele:

T-The...X Alliance?

Master Gunnar:

Yes, the X Alliance!

Adele:

But they are the countries trying to destroy my home country! You will force me to kill my own people?

Master Gunnar:

They are not your people anymore. You. Are. A. Cyborg.

Scene 4

[MASTER GUNNAR leaves room].

Adele:

How could he do this to me! I'm still human...I feel it...if I wasn't part human then I wouldn't need the life-support to live...and I wouldn't have a heart that beats inside me. And how could he expect me to kill my own people! I would rather die! Well, I guess I have already made my decision: I choose death. But I can't just let him live...he is a friend of the X Alliance, and an enemy of mine. If I'm going to die I'm takin him with me! I must save my country from him!...Yes! And I know exactly how I'm gonna do it!

Scene 5

[ADELE walks into the room where MASTER GUNNAR is...and throws herself at him]
[ADELE has bombs strapped to her]
[They explode and kill MASTER GUNNAR and ADELE].

Scene 6

[ ADELE'S remains (human flesh and machinery) scattered across the ground in pieces with MASTER GUNNAR'S]
[ADELE'S robot parts attach together, and ADELE'S robot side regenerates].
[ADELE the robot opens her eyes, and stands up...viewing her reflection within her medal arms].

Adele:
(In an electronic...robot voice):
I am 100% medal. I am no longer half human...but a complete robot.
(Looks down at the remains of MASTER GUNNAR'S pieces on floor).
I must stop alien's like him.
I must help the people of my country win this war...by fighting behind the scenes.
I will serve evil alien master's....then kill them!

-THE END-