Adam Learns the Meaning of Life | Teen Ink

Adam Learns the Meaning of Life

December 17, 2012
By Brian3597 BRONZE, Merritt Island, Florida
Brian3597 BRONZE, Merritt Island, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

IN ADAM’S ROOM – LATE NIGHT
ADAM stares outside thinking how much better everything would be if he just disappeared. He is sick of people making fun of his weight and that no one ever encourages him. His dad left him at a young age and now his mom must support him so she is never home.
(Mom walks in)
MOM
I told you to clean your room! You never listen! This is why I never wanted kids!
ADAM
(Turns around)
I hate you! I never wanted to be born!
(Runs out)

AT A LOCAL CHURCH – LATE NIGHT

ADAM walks to a local church and notices they have a service going on. (He walks in) (PRAISE AND WORSHIP MUSIC IS PLAYING)(He takes at seat in the back) ADAM very quietly starts to sing and feels something. (He then starts crying for the rest of songs)

(Pastor walks up on stage)
The PASTOR starts talking about what people might have felt while singing and ADAM realizes he had been touched by the Holy Spirit. He then asked the Holy Spirit to come live in him. (The Service ends)(Adam walks home)

IN ADAM’S ROOM – LATE NIGHT

Adam makes a promise to himself to go to the next service. (He falls asleep)

AT THE SAME LOCAL CHURCH – NEXT WEDNESDAY

(Adam walks in to the youth group classroom)

BOB
Hey! What’s your name?

ADAM
Hello, Adam…

BOB
I’m Bob. Nice to meet you and welcome our church! You can take a seat anywhere!

(Adam sits in the back)
(Bob sits next to him)

Adam and Bob start to talk. Adam tells Bob everything that is going on with his life and Bob encourages him to hang on that it will get it better. (They exchange numbers)

(Adam goes back home)

AT BOB’S HOME – THE NEXT MORNING

BOB tells his dad everything about ADAM. His dad is the pastor of the church and feels that he should do something about ADAM’S situation.
(The Pastor calls Adam’s mom)

MOM
Hello?

PASTOR
Hi, I’m the pastor of THE NEW CHURCH and Adam recently visited us and talked to my son. I see that you two have some problems and I would like to invite you and your son to dinner tonight.

MOM
Tonight? Sure!

PASTOR
Great! My address is 1234 Heartlook Lane

AT THE PASTOR’S HOUSE – THAT NIGHT

(Adam’s mom rings the doorbell in awe at the size of the home)

PASTOR
Welcome! Please make yourself at home!

MOM
This house is beautiful!

PASTOR
Thanks!

(Everyone talks for hours)

PASTOR
Adam, how would you like to change schools and go to school with Bob for free?

ADAM
I would love too!!

PASTOR
Great! You start tomorrow!

MOM
You don’t know how much I appreciate everything you have done for us! Thanks! Have a great night!

PASTOR
No thank you for giving me an opportunity!

ADAM’S NEW SCHOOL – THE NEXT MORNING

BOB
Hey, Adam! These are my friends Chris, Rob, Jason, and Jimmy.

ADAM
Nice to meet you guys!

(They all have classes together and become friends)

ADAM’S HOME- LATER THAT NIGHT

(Adam calls Bob)

ADAM
Thanks for everything! You were right everything bad did pass!

BOB
I didn’t do anything. It was all God!

The pastor eventually married Adam’s mom and they moved to the pastor’s mansion. Adam has never felt as depressed or thought of killing himself again.


The author's comments:
I wrote this after seeing people in my school getting bullied. it was really sad and I felt only God could help them.