A Lost Child | Teen Ink

A Lost Child

By imjust_me1 BRONZE, Garner, North Carolina
imjust_me1 BRONZE, Garner, North Carolina

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

A Lost Child
Nick: (Talking to himself) I can’t believe what I did!!! Now I am going to be in trouble and maybe go to-------------
Police: (interrupts Nick) Hello child. Do you know how this forest fire started?
Nick: N..n…n…n…no sir.
Police: ok. Thank you for your time (slightly pushes him on his way) you go home so your know your safe.
Nick: o. ok. (Talking to himself) I didn’t mean to do this at all. Where am I going to go now? (sees a restaurant and walks towards it) Maybe they will give me some food??............(He walks into the restaurant and sneaks into the kitchen)
Chef: (Yelling at Nick) HEY YOU!!!! STOP!!!!! GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!(Nick is forced out of the kitchen and escorted to the Manager’s office)
Manager: What are you doing in my restaurant?
Nick: I need food because, you see, my house burned down in that forest fire and now I have no food, no family, and no money.
Manager: Chef! Go get this boy some food.(picks up phone and calls Secretary)
Secretary: Yes sir. What can I do for you?
Manager: please send in my daughter. Thank you.
Katie: Yes father.
Manager: (to Katie) please sit with Nick and talk to him till I get back.
Katie: ok father. (speaks to Nick as father/manager leaves the room) How old are you?
Nick: 16. How old are you?
Katie: I’m 16 but I’ll be 17 in two weeks. What are you doing in a restaurant like this?
Nick: long story short, my house burned down in a forest fire and I lost everything. This was the closet place I could find.
Katie: I’m sorry to hear that. How did it start?
Nick: Promise me you won’t tell anyone? This means your dad to.(Katie nods her head yes) ok. I was cooking dinner for my family and then I turned around to see what was on television and I forgot to check the stove until too late. I ran out as fast as I could and now I’m here.
Katie: If you’re cooking, then you never take your eyes off the stove.
Nick: I know that now.
Katie: where are you going to go now?
Nick: I don’t know. I don’t know what to do now.

tori said...
I love it!!