scene dialogue | Teen Ink

scene dialogue

By robbie1348 BRONZE, Ballston Lake, New York
robbie1348 BRONZE, Ballston Lake, New York

if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its entire life believing it is stupid~ Einstein

Shaquille Santos
What? Where am I.

Dave Johnson
Oh Thank god! You’re awake I thought you were dead. They hit you so hard.

Shaquille Santos
What are you talking about they hit me so hard? Whose they and why did they hit me?

Dave Johnson
Well to refresh your memory they are a gang of drug dealers who you as an undercover cop were investigating. When you finally had enough evidence to bag them you put in a call to the police but you didn’t know that they had tapped your phone and when they heard you they hit you over the head with the butt of a gun threw you in the trunk of a car and drove you to here. Any of that sound familiar to you?

Shaquille Santos
Yes, sadly it all does. Ow my f*in head hurts so much!

Dave Johnson
That’s the drugs wearing off. Believe me it is going to get worse.

Shaquille Santos
You said they drove me here. Where exactly is here?

Dave Johnson
I don’t know and Ive been here for probably a week now. I was so glad to have company when you got here three days ago.

Shaquille Santos
What I’ve been here three damn days. Wait how do you know how long you’ve been here?

Dave Johnson
Well up on the ceiling some twenty feet up there is a hole. And about every 12 hours light comes in for about 8-9 hours.

Shaquille Santos
Great so it looks like we’re stuck in here until they decide to kill us.

Carl Thompson
No, we’re not we could kill each other then we’d be free to roam the glorious lands of heaven.

Shaquille Santos
What the he-

Dave Johnson
Just ignore him he’s been in here god knows how long.

Carl Thompson
Oh yes he does know and he will make those sinners pay for the 62 days 19 hours 11 minutes and 43 seconds I’ve been in here. You see god always cares for those who belie-

Dave Johnson
Yeah Yeah Yeah we know and all those who harm his children shall feel his wrath blah blah blah.

Shaquille Santos
I see the two of you get along quite nicely.

Dave Johnson
Yeah hes not too bad but when he gets going on that wrath of god crap he just wont shut up.

Shaquille Santos
Gotcha. So do they feed us at all because I am really hungry?

Dave Johnson
Yeah we get a piece of bread and a piece of leathery chicken. I hardly eat anything though because once they put epcap in my food and I crapped my pants and threw up everywhere. And before they gave me new clothes they made me eat more epcap. It was so bad.

Shaquille Santos
Oh that’s nasty.

James Ramos
Yo, its chow time bitches. Oh I see sleeping asshole is up finally. You know you made a lot of people mad at you. A lot of very dangerous, powerful people.

Carl Thompson
No man is as powerful as the lord and come the Day of Judgment he who has been unfaithful to their loving father shall perish again and again in the fires of hell

James Ramos
Shut up bible boy. I don’t want to hear another peep out of you or I’ll bust a cap in your ass. Got it! Now back to you Shaquille because that is your real name right or is that a cover id too. When you go home to your oops I mean Shaquille’s wife and kids do you hug them and pretend to love them.

Shaquille Santos
Shaquille is my real name dickwad and I love my family and you stay the f*** away from them your beef is with me and not with them you hear me.

James Ramos
Strong words coming from a weak little man. You don’t intimidate me, scare me, or nothing you’re nothing but a sad sac of s*** boy and if it wasn’t for the boss telling me to keep your sorry ass alive I guarantee you’d already have 2 in the back of your head.

Shaquille Santos
F*** off man you are the pathetic sack of s*** not me.

James Ramos
I may be a pathetic sack of s*** but you’re the one trapped in a room made of steel reinforced concrete with only one solid steel door. I don’t know if you know this yet, but you’re inside a bank vault.

Carl Thompson
No walls are too thick or door to strong for the lord to break. You’ll see soo-

James Ramos
I thought I told you to shut up. Bang!

Carl Thompson
Aughhh. My foot my foot. Why would you do that?!

James Ramos
You didn’t listen. You’re lucky I’m nice.When somebody doesn’t listen to the boss they get their ear cut off

Carl Thompson
Lord give me strength to overcome the pain heal my wounds. I am one of your sons lord!

James Ramos
Have fun guys. Enjoy the time while you have it because lord only knows how long you have left! Hahaha.

Shaquille Santos
What a jerk. What are we going to do? I mean if it happens that he is not lying and we are actually in a bank vault how are we going to get out?

Dave Johnson
I don’t know how to answer any of your questions except for the one about being in a bank vault. I’ve looked all over this place and he isn’t lying the door is steel and the walls are concrete. So, there is no real way out of here without tools.

Shaquille Santos
That’s not really helpful. I mean it is in a sense that it answers my questions, but you and I both know that those are not the words I wanted to hear.

Dave Johnson
Yeah ok now is not the time to start talking with perfect grammar and in different persons. All we can do is stick together and hope that maybe we can cut a deal.

Shaquille Santos
Yeah maybe we can cut a deal maybe we can do a lot of things like fly or crap rainbows, but that’s only maybe.

Carl Thompson
And maybe you can learn that god is the answer to all your problems.

Shaquille Santos
Yes maybe he is the answer to all our problems, but that does not mean he will solve them for us.

Carl Thompson
You know that is right god knows the answers, but leaves it up to us to find them.

Dave Johnson
Ok, just to bring the two of you back up to speed talking about god will not get us out of a locked bank vault!

Shaquille Santos
Do you have any better ideas?

Dave Johnson
No, not really, but neither do you now do you?

Shaquille Santos
No, but you know what this is totally pointless and is not getting us anywhere at all.

i like but feel weird about it like it needs some help.