The Girl (monologue)

She takes everything for granted. She learned the hard way not to trust people, not to let anyone in. She learned to build up walls around her heart and guard them with every ounce of her being. So that’s what she did. She just stopped… stopped trusting, stopped listening, stopped caring. But she can’t just stop, right? Someone would notice, RIGHT? Wrong. No one noticed her then, and no one notices her now. No one even knows her name. In fact, I don’t even know her real name… but I’ve been told she has many “nick- names”. Broken. Hurt. Pain. Alone. Mistreated. Abused. But no one knows her name… But somehow everyone knows her. She’s the one who starves herself because people constantly tell her she’s fat, even though she is a weightless stick. She’s the one that cuts her wrist because that pain, for a second, overcomes the pain in her heart. She’s the one who lost her innocence at a very young age. She’s the one that got taken advantage of. The one who is scared to go into her own home because of her abusive parent. She’s the one who looks in the mirror everyday and tells herself she isn’t pretty. She’s the one that, on the outside, has it all together; but on the inside is being torn apart. She’s right here. She’s the one you laugh at in the halls. The one you send mean messages to. The one who sits alone at lunch. She’s the one you push around. The one who can’t take it anymore. She’s the girl that needs a friend. She could be someone YOU know. So, who is it? Is it me? Is it her? Is it your bestfriend? Your worst enemy? You? “She” could be anyone. Anywhere. “She” just needs a reason. A reason to fight. A reason to live. You could be that reason. So, give a smile, a hug, a kind word, or even just a listening ear; because you never know when “she” could turn into “you” and “you” could turn into “who?”.

Peng-BlueThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 9:26 am
I really like how you even go to ask the question if it is the audience itself. Not very many people are willing to openly take risks and I see this all the time at school. It has even happened to me, and I find it worsen the older you get. If you would like to expand this idea, I suggest you go for it because your writing style would produce a very interesting story and the emotions that will fall with it would be genuine.

RRicks9This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 5 at 2:49 am
You are an amazing writer. You should be an author.

olivia428 said...
Great job, keep writing!

YoungBeauty said...
@sarah_XC I love this! This piece reminds me of myself in the 6th grade. It show emotion and character. Please keep writing!

Tanea said...
you are a great writer keep it up!! :)

BubleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
WOW! Your an amazing writer.

MahalabelleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 17, 2015 at 11:05 am
Great way to describe that.

Againstbullyin said...
Apr. 12, 2015 at 2:14 am
My daughter is going through that exact same circumstances at her school... We have tried everything ! She was popular and friendly confident beautiful Athletic and a beautiful dancer now ...... She barely can get through each day

IsabellaB said...
I would like to use this as an audition piece. Would that be alright with you?

Me22 replied...
Obviously No, you can't!!