I Never Knew | Teen Ink

I Never Knew

June 7, 2012
By Mercygirl16 PLATINUM, Omaha, Nebraska
Mercygirl16 PLATINUM, Omaha, Nebraska
26 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future; Faith is the courage to dance to it today."


Setting: Jefferson High School(after school). Vince Durbanson is looking for his best bud, Ben Varence. He stops at the boys locker room, he opens the door, but Ben is no wear to be found. He heads down the hall, then he stops by the Dance and Music room. He hears someone singing. He opens the door. He can't believe his eyes... Ben is singing Grenade by Bruno Mars.
Vince: (turning off the stereo.) Ben, dude what the h*ll are you doing?

Ben: Vince! I didn't hear you come in... (he looks at Vince.) ah, cr*p, you were listening to me, weren't you, go ahead call me a loser, I can take it.

Vince: No man! dude you are freaking amazing! How come you never told me you could sing?

Ben: I thought you would think it was lame.

Vince: Are you kidding, man you would have girls falling all over you with that voice. Man that's so cool.... Hey you're still crushing on Stacey-Marie Carissa?

Ben: Yeah.

Vince: wait right here man. (He runs off.)

Ben: Wait Vince!(realizes his best friend can't hear him.) Ah, forget it.

Vince comes back,but he's not alone, Stacey-Marie Carissa is with him.

Ben: (now nervous) uh... hi Stacey-Marie.

Stacey-Marie: Hi Ben!

Vince: Come on dude show Stacey-Marie what you can do.

Stacey-Marie: What can he do?

Vince: Ben here can sing, and I mean sing, he was just singing "Grenade" by Bruno Mars.

Stacey-Marie: I love that song! can you sing it.

Ben: Oh, well OK, promise you won't laugh.

(Ben begins singing. Stacey-Marie's eyes get big, and for some reason she starts crying.)

(Ben finishes.)

Stacey-Marie: Oh my gosh. Ben, I Never Knew.

Vince: (smiling) I Never Knew either.

The three walk out of the school. and Ben is happy that his friends can accept his secret talent, and besides he Never Knew either.