Stand Up

Listen, I need to talk to you about something, and it's not about you, it's about me this time. Wev'e been friends for years now,well, that's what I thought. I've done so many things for you and I never got a thank you or anything in return. What happened to I scratch your back, you scratch mine? I just don't think that's fair at all. And don't play stupid like you always do! It may work on everyone else, but not me. You've been pushing me around and using me like I'm some kind wlecome mat and I'm sick and tired of it! "Hey, could you do this for me, please? I'll love you FOREVER!!!" yeah right. I've heard the things you've been saying about me. I thought I could trust you with my secrets. Obviously, I was wrong, again. And to be honest, it hurt my feelings a lot. But there's one thing I know that keeps me going. It's that no matter how hard you try to tear me down, I know I'm better than you'll ever be. Karma's a pain in the butt, and it's coming your way. So I have two last words for you. I'm. Done.

MellaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
One word: Bravo! I love it to peices. I'm in talented in theatre and i would really love to do this piece for an audition in the school play.

LeenaB This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you SO much! You've made my day :) And as long as I'm given credit for writing the monologue, you are more than welcome to perform it for your audition. BREAK A LEG!