Drop Scene

DRAMATIS PERSONAE:
Jean d’Eloit-The Eldest Sister
Mary Scott-Her Junior Sister
Finniemore Blake-Their Younger Brother
SCENE:
[A melodious, soothing symphony is playing in the background. Jean is sitting upon her bed playing a game on her laptop. At the same time she is talking to Mary, who is paring her nails. On the couch lies Finniemore, desperately trying to couch a hogshead.]
Jean: And so, as Dad was saying, the case will probably be judged in your favor.
Mary: Yeah, right……
[Suddenly the music stops and the bawling of a cumbersome child is heard from the slums behind their chateau. The pitch is eerie, unnatural and unmanning, in the late period of night, and Jean, starting in fright, clutches Mary’s hands.]
Jean: What is that?
Mary: Just a child screaming, nothing else.
Jean: Oh……
[Resumes her former posture and again starts focusing on the game. In the background the symphonic syntax of the tune again plays its charm, drowning the shrieks of the destined ragamuffin, and plunging them in a paroxysm of sweetness; a world of dreams where none rules but life……]
Exeunt.

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a little eerie, but I dare to say it is unfortunately relevant to today's society. Beautifully written, and ironic how you used such ethnic names for a scene that seems so... common.

Lobsterhead said...
Wow....short but amazing...you've got talent!

Aash said...
A nice piece of work :)

duwa said...
A very nice piece of work :)