Tell the Truth to Sooth His Aching Heart

(Torment drags Alfonzo into interrogation room)
Torment: Now you sit still. I’ll be back in after I get my knife. (Laughs as she exits)
Alfonzo: (Twitches with weird noises)
(Old Man’s Ghost appears)
Old Man: Tell the truth!
Alfonzo: AHHHHHH!!!!!
(Torment comes back)
Torment: What’s going on here?
Alfonzo: The eye! The eye!
Torment: I don’t care ‘bout any old eye.
Old Man: (In a mocking voice while turning to face audience) Why do you care about eyes Alfonzo?
Torment: Now let’s get down to business Alfie. It’s OK to call you Alfie right? Why did you kill the old man?
Alfonzo: I did no such thing.
Old Man: You know what you did. Tell the truth.
Alfonzo: I did not kill you!!!!
Torment: (Lean towards Alfonzo) I know you didn’t kill me. I’m sitting in front of you. Now tell me why you killed the old man.
Old Man: (Sneer) Yeah. Tell Ms. Torment why you killed the only care-giver you have ever known.
Alfonzo: I didn’t do it!
Torment: Alfie, you already confessed in front of three police officers. We just need to know why.
Old Man: (Walk slowly towards Alfonzo and get louder) Tell the truth. Tell the truth. Tell the truth!
Alfonzo: (Cower away from Old Man) No. No. NO! (Sob)
Old Man: (Smile evilly)
Torment: (Look at Alfonzo like he’s an alien) Alfonzo who are you yelling at?
Alfonzo: The eye! The eye! The old man’s wretched eye!
Old Man: (Lean in to Alfonzo and whisper) You know what you did. And if you go free, I’ll haunt you forever. And you will be alone. ‘Cause nobody can see me but you.
Alfonzo: Okay! Okay! Okay! I admit it! I planned his murder! I wanted the eye gone! The wretched eye needed to be destroyed! (Fall out of chair in attempt to get away from Old Man)
Torment: Alright then, thank you for your time Mr. Alfonzo. Guards will come tomorrow to escort you to your cell. (Walk towards the door)
Alfonzo: Wait! Tell me you see him?! Tell me he’s kidding!
Torment: Who?
Alfonzo: The old man!
Torment: Can’t say I can, Alfie. (Leave)
Old Man: Guess it’s just you and me for the next 24 hours.
Alfonzo: Noooooooo!

FunneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 28 at 8:50 am:
Now this is an interesting script.

GreekGoddessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:58 am:
This looks pretty good :). Only thing is, I'm left confused, why is he so tormented by the eye? At the end of this play,. the audidence would be left on the edge of their seats yes, but they would also be confused, Why is he so scared of the eye? Other than that, you look good :)