How Could You Do this To Me?

Cast of Characters:
Lucy: 16 years old. Shy and quiet. She is a people pleaser and does pretty much anything she is told. But she is tired of being pushed around by everyone. She is short, with brown hair. MaryAnn is her best friend and lately she has been feeling left out with her and her new boyfriend. Very Pretty.
Mary Ann: 16 years old. Is dating Zach and is “in love with him”. She likes to talk about him since he is older than her and she likes to brag about him. She has lately been ditching her best friend, Lucy for Zach. MaryAnn is outspoken and very talkative, she doesn’t really think before she talks. Very Pretty.
Zack: 17 years old; is dating Mary Ann. Is a year older than Mary Ann and Lucy. Zack is really geeky looking.
Setting:
The play takes place in the school cafeteria. Lucy and Mary Ann are sitting across from each other, looking very awkward. The year is now.
Scene One:
At rise: Lunch time. LUCY and MARY ANN are sitting across from each other in their school Cafeteria. They are not talking; they look very awkward and keep looking around, like they don’t want to be there. They are avoiding each other’s eyes and looking around the lunch room a lot.

(Lucy Sighs)
MARY ANN
Oh my gosh, Zack will be here in ten minutes and you’re all mad. So let’s just get this figured out now.
LUCY
There’s nothing to figure out (shrugs shoulders)
MARY ANN
UGH Lucy!!
LUCY
What?

(They both look around, like they have nothing to say)
MARY ANN
We need to talk. We can’t not talk forever Lucy.
LUCY
Let’s try it.
MARY ANN
We’ve been best friends forever; you can’t just give that up.
LUCY
Oh, yes I can. Just watch me.
MARY ANN
You don’t mean that.
LUCY
Yeah. I do. Maybe if you didn’t LEAVE me everyday…..
MARY ANN
I’m sitting here with you right now, aren’t I?
LUCY
Because Zach isn’t here.
MARY ANN
(Really annoyed) This has nothing to do with Zack and you know that. Zack is my boyfriend. You are my best friend.
LUCY
(Meanly) Oh, really. I’m your best friend? How bout you freaking act like it Mary Ann cause, lately you blow me off EVERYDAY.
MARY ANN
Look, you just don’t get it. I LOVE Zach. We are going to be together forever.
LUCY
(Rolls her eyes) Because you can really love someone after a week?
MARY ANN
(Getting mad) It has been more than a week and you know that.
LUCY
Sorry, I don’t keep track of your STUPID relationships. Any ways, when he comes in here, you will leave me LIKE always.
MARY ANN
(Yelling) This is stupid and you know it Lucy!
LUCY
(Also Yelling) Well you’re the one leaving me all the time.
MARY ANN
You’re the one being sarcastic, not me.
LUCY
Go away!
MARY ANN
NO! We need to talk about this before Zack gets here.
LUCY
Well, then stop yelling at me!
MARY ANN
You’re yelling too!
LUCY
(Still yelling) Look, this is stupid, just leave me alone.

MARY ANN
I can’t!
LUCY
You know what; I’m done with you and with this. You hurt me and you are not my friend anymore.
MARY ANN
(Hurt) You… you don’t mean that.
LUCY
Yes. I do.
MARY ANN
Why are you being so mean to me?
LUCY
Cause I want to?
MARY ANN
Seriously….?
LUCY
Uh… yeah, I’m serious.
MARY ANN
This isn’t my fault, it’s yours! You are the one that always always always told me to make new friends and to get a boyfriend and blah blah blah.
LUCY
Really Mary Ann, really? How stupid can you be? Of course I wanted you make new freaking friends, you wouldn’t leave me alone! Of course I told you to get a boyfriend, cause you wouldn’t stop freaking complaining about not having one!!
MARY ANN
I DID NOT complain that much!
LUCY
(Mockingly) Ahh Lucy, I’m so lonely, I need a boyfriend, I’m gunna die alone. No you don’t complain... at all.
MARYANN
What the heck is your problem?
LUCY
You are my problem!
MARY ANN
Why are you so mad at me?
LUCY
Maybe because you ditch me ALL THE TIME!
MARY ANN
This is more than that and you know it.
LUCY
Uh… not really? It’s about you ditching me...
MARY ANN
Lucy, can we just talk about this.
LUCY
(Starts to stand up) I have nothing else to say to you.
MARY ANN
Sit back down

LUCY
I don’t wanna.
MARY ANN
You are my absolute best friend; we are going to work this out. (Stands up too, then touches her shoulder)
LUCY
(Looks down, and whispers) You hurt me.
MARY ANN
(Whispers as well) I promise… I didn’t mean too.
LUCY
(Sarcastic) Well you still did, whether you meant to or not.
MARY ANN
You being so sarcastic isn’t going to help us here.
LUCY
And neither is yelling.
MARY ANN
Look, I wanna work this out, don’t you?
LUCY
How do I know that you won’t ditch me after we “makeup”
MARY ANN
Well… cause… I learned from my mistakes.
LUCY
(Rolls her eyes) And what mistake would that be?

MARY ANN
Ditching you for the one I love.
LUCY
(Rolls her eyes again, and laughs) Well he doesn’t love you!
MARY ANN
YOU DON’T KNOW HIM LIKE I DO!
LUCY
I know his lips better then you do.
MARY ANN
What are you talking about?
LUCY
Yeah, he hasn’t even kissed you yet, has he? Probably cause he’s been too busy kissing ME!
MARY ANN
That’s… not funny. You shouldn’t talk like that.
LUCY
Too bad I’m not joking!
MARY ANN
(Silent) What are you talking about…?
LUCY
(Says really slowly, all up in MARYANN’S face) I… have… kissed… your… boyfriend…
MARY ANN
This is a sick joke!
LUCY
Don’t you wish it was a joke?
MARY ANN
So… you kissed Zack?
LUCY
More like he kissed me.
MARY ANN
I HATE YOU!
LUCY
Oh, stop being jealous.
MARY ANN
I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!
LUCY
(Laughs sarcastically) Oh, and he told me he LOVED me, and NOT YOU.
MARY ANN
He didn’t say that.
LUCY
Wanna see the text? (Pulls out phone and shows it to MARYANN)
MARY ANN
I… I can’t believe you would even do this to me.
LUCY
Well, believe it. Your “Boyfriend” loves me, not you. (Emphasis on Boyfriend) oh, look there Zack is now (Points opposite of stage to two guys standing there talking, one of them is ZACK)

MARY ANN
Good, he’ll tell you that you’re just imagining things!
LUCY
(Waves at Zack and gets his attention) OHHHH ZACKKK, come here.

MARY ANN
Yeah you better get your sorry a** over here!
(ZACK walks over to where MARY ANN and LUCY are standing)
ZACK
Hey baby (he says to MARY ANN, he tries to hug MARY ANN but she slaps him instead)
LUCY
Oh shut up and tell her you love me and not her!
ZACK
(Looks around uncomfortably) Well…
LUCY
(Cuts him off) Well what? You told me you did!
ZACK
(Shrugs shoulders) I like you both…
MARY ANN
(Laughing) See Lucy, he doesn’t love you. Hahaha.
ZACK
(To himself) …Two girls fighting over me… what I’ve always wanted.
MARY ANN
Hey! I heard that!
LUCY
Zack, why would you cheat on me with her?
ZACK
Look, can’t we all just get along? I think that’s a good idea (Shoves his glasses up in a geeky way)
MARY ANN and LUCY (at same time)
NO!
ZACK
Well I can’t pick. I love you both.
LUCY
Oh Mary Ann I thought you were my friend, and now look at this… wait why am I even talking to you? (Looks at ZACK) or you? You both betrayed me. You both hurt me. Mary Ann I told you everything and Zack, well I thought I loved you. (Raises her voice) But no. I hate you both and never want to see you again.
ZACK
Lucy…
MARY ANN
Ha. You are so pathetic. Why was I your friend? Oh wait, I felt bad for you petty little self.
LUCY
You... You are a (yelling) A HYPOCRITICAL B****! I HATE YOU!
MARY ANN
Awe, you think that will hurt my feelings… too bad that they didn’t
(LUCY clenches her fist and starts to punch MARY ANN, ZACK looks on with nervousness. Right when LUCY is about to punch MARY ANN, the lights go off. All of a sudden you hear a girly scream and a bell ring for the end of lunch)

FunneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 8:48 am:
Overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AvrilThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 2 at 1:44 pm:
What if i wanted to act this out what could i use instead of the cussing?

FunneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 4 at 6:21 pm :
Whenever I need to use aa swear word in a script, I just put the word, "Bleep" instead.

Mar. 8 at 12:49 pm :
oops. typo

wMESwThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Great story I loved the twist and the ending good job.

totallycompletlyjustmeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:47 am:
great twist

xoSamanthaxo said...
Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:45 pm:
Good Job! (: It was a good work of creativity, but I would have to agree with Alex66 in saying that you could have been a little more specific and professional. Overall, awesome. 

Alex66 said...
Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:36 am:
I think your plot and everything was good but it could have sounded more mature. Like not saying "All up in her face" and stuff like that. That sounded unprofessional.

greenpotatoes said...
Mar. 8, 2012 at 8:46 am:
I like Lucy ;)))

Winged.Living.Free.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 2, 2012 at 5:31 pm:
Great job! :)(: