Top Voted Sci-fi/Fantasy Articles

Here are the top voted sci-fi/fantasy articles:

voted
#1
High Stakes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
From his seat at the bar, Morse watched as the man in the dark suit moved from table to table, placing bets and shuffling decks and winning every game. Nobody else seemed to have noticed him. The man’s face was so bland it was almost entirely... (more »)
56 comments
voted
#2
Graduation Day This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The wind whistled past Oar's ear. It told of many things: a small wolf crouching in a densely populated thicket awaiting the moment to spring on its prey, a young buck; a graceful swan quickly guiding her signets to the safety of their marshy... (more »)
9 comments
voted
#3
The True Story of Connor J. Gordon This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I honestly don't know why I am telling you this. I have nothing to gain. I swore to carry this knowledge with me to my grave, to keep my life a secret, but now I feel you must know. I pray that when I die, God will grant me some kind of... (more »)
48 comments
voted
#4
Pieces of a Former Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The red numbers on the digital clock read 9:00. She tossed and turned in the small bed in the almost claustrophobic room of her apartment. She was deep in sleep but wide awake at the same time. It was a waking dream that came and went with the... (more »)
17 comments
voted
#5
After the Age of Giant Sundials This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
You don't piss off a guy like Adam Gregory, even when he's dead. I bet you he's turning in his grave. Turning. Because of the damn hack. It has to be a hack. Dead people don't write stories. Gregory was a big sci-fi author who brought some neat... (more »)
25 comments
voted
#6
Shadow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I stared at the arrow, still quivering, embedded in the wood just inches from me. When I looked up, I saw no one, but I could sense a presence. Standing in the doorway of a hut, I felt unnaturally vulnerable, so I looked for the nearest cover.... (more »)
65 comments
voted
#7
Grave Digger This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It was like it used to be when the sun came out. The high coal fires licked the underbelly of the clouds, illuminating the world in a way the sun had never thought possible. The orange glow came from all around and no shadows loomed. Ruins... (more »)
9 comments
voted
#8
Those Who Call This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The man who opens the door is a short, squat man with thick rimmed glasses. We must be quite a shock to him, two muscular guys with long dark suits showing no sign of sweat in this hot, Georgia summer. But he knows why we're here. My partner... (more »)
39 comments
voted
#9
Icarus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I am free! The feeling is incredible, like nothing I have experienced before. I have nothing to compare it to, except what a bird must feel: the height, the wide blue sky all around, the dark ocean below. The freedom. At this moment, I would... (more »)
19 comments
voted
#10
The Evolutionary This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I hated animals. I had always hated animals. I would never not hate animals, and I had told my biology teacher, Mr. Winalt, a thousand times I wanted to drop his class and yet here I was on this damn field trip to the zoo. Before we left, my... (more »)
12 comments
voted
#11
Aquila This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
Space: the final frontier, the dreamer's backyard, humanity's last escape from extinction. What other shining sea of unmatched vastness can inspire such awe in the mind of man? How much closer can one get to the fabric of the heavens, to the... (more »)
19 comments
voted
#12
Life Support This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
When I opened my eyes, I was in the desert. It was a curious thing, being in the desert. I'd never been there before, but I'd always wanted to go. Sadly, my mother always said that the desert was no place for people like me. I wondered what she... (more »)
14 comments
voted
#13
Midnight in a Perfect World This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Five hundred stories up the city still doesn't look any better. The windows, dark but never allowed to get dirty, attempt to sift out anything not polished to a star-like shine. It fools many into believing the world is some bright, clean haven... (more »)
10 comments
voted
#14
Frost Bitten This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Mark was always a bit strange. He was one of those individuals who would stand in a thunderstorm and smile, or sing in a blizzard. His life was peaceful enough: loving parents, a few good friends, and decent teachers. He maintained good grades and... (more »)
7 comments
voted
#15
Surreal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I hate running, hate it with a burning passion. Loathe it almost as much as crappy teen romance-fantasy novels. But here I am, every morning of my pathetic life, worn shoes tapping out the pattern of 17 wasted years on the concrete. I watch the... (more »)
11 comments
voted
#16
The Runaways This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Stephan: The night was very cold. Thick clouds hung in the sky, shutting out the moonlight. The darkness was so deep that even the shadows had shadows. Everything was quiet. The whole world seemed to be holding its breath – as if it knew what... (more »)
10 comments