Shadow Demons | Teen Ink

Shadow Demons

By A____S GOLD, Amarillo, Texas
A____S GOLD, Amarillo, Texas

If your mind is in the past, your eyes are not seeing the present and you can't plan for the future. AS.

“What a drag. I can’t tell you how much this sucks.” I said to my friends brushing aside some used bloody canisters.

“Ya, but we do have some good things, like we aren’t dead yet and we don’t have to go to school.” J.J said looking like a bus hit her.

“Ya, but look at where we are again. How did they find us Vlad?” Alex asked me

“I wish I knew but I think I know how we can get out of here this time.” I said pointing at the air vent fifteen feet up the wall.

“Oh.” I heard the new kid say

I stood up on the chair and told J.J to sit on my shoulders so she could open the grate.
“Can I have your pocket knife Vlad?” J.J asked

“Ya. B.B get my knife from of my pocket.” I ordered
“Ok.” B.B Said sounding bored as normal “Got it.” He said handing it to me
“Thanks.” J.J said. Grunting, she pried her hands from the grate. She snatched my knife from my hand and got to work on the grate.
Ten minutes later the grate crashed to the floor with an ear splitting bang.
“Son of a “Jax started
“Jax!” I warned him
“What? All I was going to say was”
“Not another word. I know what you were going to say.” I said
“But Vlad.” He whined. One bad thing about having a seven year old that knows how to cuss. They whine when they don’t get to. But I digress.
“Ya I know but I told you to quit doing that. It’s a bad habit.” I said sighing.
“Ya Jax. Not cool man.” Trix said popping another piece of Blood gum in his mouth.
“Speaking of bad habits, you’re blowing thru that gum faster than I can make it. Lay off it for a while ok?” J.J said sounding annoyed. As if he would lission to her this time.
“Ya, Ya what ever.” He said on cue.
Well it was worth a try? J.J said thru my thoughts again.
“Will you quit that? It’s creepy? I said ignoring the shiver that runs down my spin every time she would do that.
“Well I like to see the look on your face when I do it so no I won’t quit. Now let’s get the hell out of here!” J.J said changing into her power animal, the raven. The rest of them changed into their power animals. Jax turns into a panther cub, Trix turns into a crow, B.B is the black cat, and Alex is a vampire bat (ironic I know.) So that left me and the new kid. As the others changed the new kid looked like he was about to wet his pants. Just before the scream left his mouth I clamped my hand over his mouth to muffle it.
“What are you doing!? Are you trying to get us caught!?” I hissed in his ear.
“Sorry.” Alex said sounding like normal but that made the new kid empty his bladder.
“AWWW COME ON MAN NOT IN HEAR!” J.J screamed
“Ok new plan.” I said pushing on the wall. See I’m different then the others. I was born a vampire so I'm a 1:1,000,000,000. A freak of vampire kind. But being born a vampire has its benefits, like I'm stronger the any other vampire, not being hurt by sunlight, garlic, and so called ‘holy water’, and I can go weeks without drinking blood but the others have to drink some everyday to stay alive. Any way.
“Get ready to run. You know there are alarms set up. I said
“Ready when you are.” J.J said turning back into human form.
“Ready.” Alex said sounding like he was about to bite into a bag of AB+ blood.
“Ok. B.B grab the kid and go in front.” I ordered
“Got it.” He said throwing the kid over his shoulder like a rag doll.
“Ok Jax get the door incase someone tries to stop us.” I said pointing at the steel door at the side of the room.
“Can I kill them?” He said sounding hopeful
“No, maybe next time. Ok guys, LET’S GO!” I said pushing the wall to the flour.

To Be Continued

Something I thought people Would like to read. Plz coment

A____S GOLD said...
A____S GOLD, Amarillo, Texas

14 and counting. Tell your friends