The Big Bang | Teen Ink

The Big Bang

By Storiesbyalyssa BRONZE, Wilbraham, Massachusetts
Storiesbyalyssa BRONZE, Wilbraham, Massachusetts

8:05pm

I get out of the car, people yelling and talking loudly in the backyard of the monstrous stone house. I walk around the left side and come face to face with the source of the loud music. There are kids around my age and a lot of adults roaming; most of the older crowd is drinking up a whole garage worth of beer. The kids are kicking and throwing toys over the yard. Older people give me weird looks as I silently slip through the crowd.
I look up at the moon when I am in the clear of any drunk adults. It’s in a perfect half circle, and the sky is clear of any clouds; the constellations are on full display. To my right, I see small pulsing yellow lights; fireflies encircle my head creating a halo-type shape. I look down at my watch to check the time.

8:36pm

The fireworks are due to start at nine, when it is dark enough. A distant light in the sky appears - which is definitely not an early firework - lighting up the backyard. I hear screams coming from half the guests at the party, but the other half is too subdued, by the alcohol coursing through their veins, to notice the warnings of those around them. The light is closer than before, even though only minutes have passed. I hear a deafening bang off to my left. I look at my watch again, impatient.

8:43pm

Time ticks away. There is now a small hum coming from the light. I smirk at the pity humans as they come to out of their drunken states and really start to panic. Walking out into the middle of the crowd, I pull out my weapon of choice that my leader gave me before I traveled here to Earth. The weight of the weapon reassuring me that this land will be easy to claim just like all of the other lands. These humans call our taking over their planet “terrorist attacks”. They have no idea what is in store and what my colony has planned for this planet once all of these pesky humans, or bugs as my species calls them, are squashed.

All of the kids run into the house’s matching stone garage and some of the older adults do the same, but I think both the humans and I know that that is not going to save them.

8:50pm

The light is now almost on top of the yard. I now choose to laugh menacingly as my true form comes out, my human host just burns away because my true form is too great for any human to even bare. My scales cover the large length of my body, and gnarled horns are perched on top of my head. The humans all yell for the very last time as the light engulfs them.

9:00pm

As the light disappears, I look around. Nothing can be seen other than blackened grass. There are no trees or mountains, only grass. I smirk to myself as I see that my brother has completed his test, and is now before me as he transforms into his new form, then beams onto my ship right before myself.

Panthera GOLD said...
on Dec. 10 2017 at 11:38 am
Panthera GOLD, Plymouth, Minnesota

“Don’t let them tell you it was on your back; the point of contention is how they act. Where you draw the line will set you free,” -Chris #1, AntiFlag (The Debate is Over)

Is it referring to dragons?