Two Unlikely Souls | Teen Ink

Two Unlikely Souls

By InvisibleWriter SILVER, New Hampton, New Hampshire
InvisibleWriter SILVER, New Hampton, New Hampshire

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
~RobFrost

They had never done anything like this before. One was a goody two shoe girl who never did anything against the rules, the other a perpetual bad boy. Now you would think they are sneaking out to go make out but that is not the case here. Today marks a very special day in both of their lives. Today marked the day that they both had discovered they had gifts that others did not. They had decided that a day such as this would not be spent in a school full of people who were nothing like them. They hadn’t met on that day but rather later, when they were practicing their gifts in the giant preserve behind their houses. Who knew that such a large preserve could hold such secrets. That day was the beginning of a strong and powerful friendship. Many from their school had begun to believe they were in a relationship, but that was the furthest from the truth. These two were anything but cliche, they had great respect and love for each other but just as friends love each other. This day was going to be awesome, and it didn’t really matter if they got caught, that would just add to the fun. Their only plans were to use their powers as much as possible. How could they celebrate any other way? They began by walking through walls into random office buildings, moving things around in people's homes, and even scaring some students. This had to be the best day ever. The best part of it was they could do this anytime they wanted for the rest of their lives. They had been led to believe that death was the end but as they now know death is only the beginning.

Written for a Flash Fiction workshop.