Mr. Finch and Henry | Teen Ink

Mr. Finch and Henry

By chiaseed BRONZE, Van Nuys, California
chiaseed BRONZE, Van Nuys, California

One day in the lands of Amatuk, there was a man. His name was Finch. He was a very smart man. Luckily, a Grand Wizard taught him magic and has been showing everyone how great he was. On the streets, he showed the people his most famous trick. He turned a reptile into a flying, talking reptile. “Who would like to see my great powers of Wizadry?!” said Finch. “Me!” yelled the children and adults one by one. “Okay but, you have to watch me closely if you would like to see it.” He waived his hands around, looking like a mad man and POOF! The reptile started flying; “Finally! I can fly and talk!” said the reptile. Finch caught the reptile by wrapping his mighty lasso around its abdomen and put it in the cage.
              “Hey! Let me out! You give me these powers and then you trap me?! How rude! If you let me go, I’ll… I’ll be your sidekick!” Finch thought about it for a few minutes and accepted the offer. Finch named him Henry and a few days later, the two went to a potion shop and met a suspicious looking man. “Hello there, Finch and Henry.” said the mysterious man. “Who are you and how do you know our names?” asked Finch. “I’ve been studying you and your pet for quite a while now. Watch your back…” “Wait! What is your na-” The man had disappeared into thin air. “What was that about?” asked Henry. “I don’t know but he said to watch our backs.” “My head can’t turn that much, I’ll break my neck!” said Henry. “Idiot…” mumbled Finch. They left the potion shop and started walking home, but four men wearing robes came out of the shadows and started stalking both Henry and Finch. “I think we are being followed, Finch,” “I know. Keep your guard up just in case.” said Finch.
             The four unknown men took off their robes and they had another robe under it. It had some writing on the robe. It read “Property of Ogrey”. Finch and Henry were way too slow and got trapped in purple orbs the men had thrown. They were floating for a second, then disappeared. The two then appeared in a cell with two guards standing outside their cell. “Whoa, where are we Finch?” “I think we are in the Guardians Palace, Henry.” said Finch. “Oh well that’s cool. I’ve never been here before.” said Henry. “We’ve got to get out of here fast, Finch. Got any ideas?” Yeah I do, actually.” said Finch. He pickpocketed the guard that was leaning up against the cell. He opened the door slowly and tossed the key in a different direction so the guards can get distracted. It worked! The guards got distracted so Finch and Henry knocked them out. The two put on the guard costumes but, it didn’t work for Henry. So, luckily Henry was small enough to fit into Finches pocket and the two walked out of the cell room.
           “Hey Finch, you got any food, man, I’m hungry!” “I’ll make sure I buy you a nice fried chicken bucket, okay?” “Fine, but if you forget, I’ll get it myself.” said Henry. They were walking around for a bit until they came to a map on a tablet that read, “Guardians Room”. They walked there and the guards standing in front of the room wore black and gold clothes because they were guards specifically chosen by the Guardian himself. “May I see your I.D., sir?” said the chosen Guardian. “Sure! Sure. Let me just get that out really quick.” said Finch. Finch handed over his I.D. to the guard and the guard said, “Are you new?” “Yes, I am,” answered Finch. “Oh good! You may enter.” “How dumb are these people?” Mumbled Henry.
           They entered the Guardian’s room and saw him on the floor with purple blood around his head. They told the chosen guards and the guards replied, “Congratulations, Mr. Finch. You are now Guardian of the PALACE!” Two years passed and Mr. Finch and Henry were going hunting. They saw a note nailed to a tree. Finch grabbed it and it read, “You will executed in 2 days, Mr. Finch and Henry.”

This was just a fun little short story, I hope everyone will enjoy it.