The Sad Happiness | Teen Ink

The Sad Happiness

By Seif-Nazir SILVER, Cairo, Illinois
Seif-Nazir SILVER, Cairo, Illinois

A day, night, shallow, light, lightning, sun, moon, and bright. Fear, misery, and daunting fight. Kept a boy in awful life where no one stand beside. This boy called pipoa. He belongs to a very poor house in the north coast of pipoland where no food, warm, and safety. He loved his grandfather a lot, but he always looks for money, and believes that wealth is the only friend, and nothing compared to it. The boy is known for his greedy. Two days later his grandfather started to feel sick and hear the steps of death and the breath of sadly end. The boy sat beside his grandfather without moving, crying for him. Later, after passing a horrible week, the grandfather said to the boy with a very weak voice at a decisive moment an exquisite recognition about a great treasure that he found during his journey to the Alps. The grandfather pointed at a reddish brown box made of leather. He told pipoa to open the box, but no longer the grandfather slept with a truly end without any more seconds. The boy still didn’t know anything about the box. He decided to open the box it was a wooden poppet with a great gentile suit and a black hat. It looks like a rich man. He recognized that the pocket of the suit contain gold sharp paper covered with jewels and diamonds. The boy started to read it and heavy cold warm tears holding all means of honor fall from his eyes on the poppet due to horrible story that talk about the death of his parents because of the food shortage. Suddenly, the poppet started to shake and move fast like a great earthquake everything in the house is broken even the doors and the windows. The poppet’s eyes became very bright and shiny full of joy. The boy fell down without moving. The next day the boy didn’t found the poppet. He searched for the poppet everywhere. When he opened the door of the attic he found the poppet beside the window holding very big cigar and puffing. Beside the poppet ten gorgeous pearls on the floor. The boy asked the poppet angrily while he is shaking of fear: who are you? The poppet answered slowly after puffing a lot of smoke: I am the poppet of happiness that vanish every sad moment and keeps you happy for ever. The boy smiled and decided to deal with this chance carefully. The boy chose wealth as it is the weakest point in his family’s history. The poppet looked at him badly and asked: Are you sure that wealth is everything? Pipoa answered: yes, it is the only solution for all my problems. The poppet said with sad smile: wealth may be a solution for one problem but it may be a lot of problems with no solutions. After passing twenty years of sadness, weakness, and abundance. He found himself alone with no family and with no friends talking to himself. Years and years passed black and awful more than poverty. Pipoa now is twenty six years old with bad health, drunk all the time, tears covering all of his face. After long time passed in the attic where he saw the poppet, years waiting for it but it was the end. He thought that the poppet would come back. His beard covered his face. He wrote his story on the walls of the attic to be a lesson for him and for everyone enter that room. Seconds, minutes, hours and days waiting for a miracle but no longer he said with very sick voice with the last tears remembering his grandfather’s death “wealth is not a way for everything it is only human greediness and it can’t be compared to a moment with a family or friends”.

Family and friends are the real wealth that human being can own.