A Hero's Lesson

The orange embers licked the air as the blood red dragon released another wave of heat from it’s mouth. I safely hid beneath my bronze shield as the flames continued to rise. Behind the massive creature, lay a 30 foot high metal gate that seemed to reach the clouds. I swung my sharp, edged blade at the fiery monster and sliced deep into it’s flesh, but not enough to kill it. The dragon let out a cry of pain and in the moment of distraction, I jumped onto it’s horned tail. I began to climb as fast as I could up the scales before it realized I was using it as a ladder. The wild beast violently thrashed around hoping to cause me to loose my grip, but I held on tight. Finally after much struggle, I reached the head of my enemy. I proceeded to leap onto the gate which was nearer than ever before. The sharp yellow teeth nipped at my heels, but missed. The dragon now left behind on the other side was no longer a threat. Regaining my strength, I reached over the top of the fence and peered into the distance. Now I could see it. The structure standing before me. The castle.

Sometimes your worst struggle is your greatest opportunity.

TheEvergreenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 1 at 11:24 pm
Very descriptive!