Mysterious Glow | Teen Ink

Mysterious Glow

March 8, 2017
By Anonymous

Mysterious Glow
“I see it! Right there! Look! Follow my finger, can’t you see it?”
I strained my eyes at the sky seeing nothing but pitch black darkness, not even a single star. I tried to follow Derek’s finger but unfortunately I wasn’t wearing my glasses that night.
“Sorry man, I don’t see anything. How about you get out your phone? Film it! We could get famous haha.” I jokingly commented.
He did as I said. He zoomed in and out on the circular mass that seemed to change from red to orange. The floating object was moving erratically unlike any aircraft I had ever seen before. Not going to lie, I was pretty scared, I was just too prideful to admit it infront of Derek who seemed to enjoy every second of this strange encounter. In an instant the ball of light seemed to disappear.
“Woah! Where’d it go?” Derek exclaimed.
He stopped recording and looked at me with wide eyes when suddenly time seemed to stand still, a flash of bright white light shined down on us, a piercing high pitched noise rung in my ears. I screamed but not a sound came out of my mouth. I could feel adrenaline rushing through my veins but I was frozen. I blinked once, and nothing happened. I shut my eyes and prayed to God for mercy. I slowly opened my eyes and instead of Derek in front of me it was a woman.
“A-are you… God?” I whimpered.
Her kind eyes gave me a look of pity.
“Sophie, you are here for a greater purpose. You are going to change the world. You are God.” The woman revealed.
There was something about this woman that made me shutter. She was the color of porcelain, her hair was so blonde it looked almost white, her eyes too blue to be human.
“Where is Derek?” I asked.
The woman didn’t answer. My arms were tied down. Something told me this wasn’t right. I had to get out of there. I struggled in the chair I was tied to when the woman’s smile turned sinister. I closed my eyes and when I opened them I saw Derek.
“Derek! We have to get out of here! I don’t know where we are but we need to go! Derek!” I screamed.
He stared off into the distance unresponsive. His eyes had turned a gray color as if he had been dead for several days. I began to weep. I closed my eyes and prayed. I prayed for this nightmare to end. I slowly opened my eyes, a bright light shone in my eyes. I heard rapid chatter and beeping.
“We’ve got a pulse! Welcome back Sophie, we thought we lost you.” Said a man with a big smile across his face.
“W-where am I?” I gasped. Every word I said made it harder to breathe.
“You’re in the hospital. You were in a very bad car accident. You’re lucky to be alive. If it wasn’t for your friend you wouldn’t be here right now.” The doctor confessed.
“Is he okay?” My voice becoming raspier with every word I said.
“He’ll be just fine, Sophie.” The doctor smiled at me.
I closed my eyes for the final time but this time before I did I thanked God for a wonderful life.