The Child With Wings | Teen Ink

The Child With Wings

By Rap__88 BRONZE, Hell, Utah
Rap__88 BRONZE, Hell, Utah
2 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Write until it becomes as natural as breathing, >>----> Write until not writing makes you anxious.

The heat from the fires radiated from every angle. There was no way out. The young boy I had once adored, and cared for stood a few feet away in nothing but a white cloth, a bow along with some arrows slung over his shoulder. His flawlessness was breathtaking, but knowing he had been the cause for so many deaths frightened me. Him, a boy not younger than seven stood, with a smirk on his face as his dark wings protruded from his back, and towered over me in darkness. Even his own small stature, looked like a twig, compared to the wings he bore.
     How could such a young boy become such a monster? It was supposed to be a gift.

I came across writing this in my creative writing class. It was Valentines day and the teacher said to write our own cupid origin story. Every one else was writing happy, flowers, and hearts, I decided to make my own version of the story. One that fits me better. I ended up writing this and I just can't seem to get it out of my mind.