Bleed Out... | Teen Ink

Bleed Out...

By savannah travers BRONZE, Titusville, Florida
savannah travers BRONZE, Titusville, Florida

I shut my eyes to shield them from the blood running down my cheeks from my forehead, and just about everywhere else. My body ached with every cell of me as I tried to not let into the fierce blackness that was enshrouding my vision. Must stay awake I thought to myself, I couldn't bear to think about what happens next if the darkness wins. I closed my eyes hoping to wash out some of the runoff blood that stinging my eyes, and before I knew it, tears were rolling down my lacerated cheeks. They were warm and they felt amazing, like all the hatred I felt was washing away. The hatred I felt for this pain that was strangling me, the hatred I felt for the fact that I was losing all my blood, but mostly, the hate that was escaping the fastest from my sliced up body, was the hatred towards him, the one who did this, the one who I trusted, and who had betrayed my life. I thought of all the good things, at least I tried to have a good last few moments in my life. I squirmed a few more times as I felt a sharp burn in my chest. I wasn't thinking anything of it until a few minutes ago when it started to blaze through my body like I had been put in a furnace. I felt a scream bubble up in me, but as I opened my mouth as much as I could, nothing came out. This was the first time in my life I felt like I was gone. This was it'I couldn't fight it anymore. I had to give in to the poison. So with my last breath, I said I was sorry, to everyone and everything'and I let the darkness win.