the lost soul | Teen Ink

the lost soul

January 20, 2017
By ladylove BRONZE, Ochester, New York
ladylove BRONZE, Ochester, New York
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The lost soul


it all happened so quickly, it wasn't supposed to be like this. it should have been me. She was so young yet so mature. Why did this happen I always expected it would be her and me for ever.
This is how it started it hadn’t rained in five days. Our village had a drought. We didn't know there was a storm coming. Nothing could have prepared us for what happened next. Things that were not human started attacking the village. it was a storm of chaos. The villagers told her and me to hide from what they called demons. I was so afraid I didn't ask any questions I ran. Without looking back I left her. The reason she was gone was because I was a coward. When I finally realized that she wasn't with me, I looked back, a demon in a wolf form had ripped off her arm.
“Help me please! Please help,” she screamed at me. All I could do is look at her with big eyes and shake my head. I turned back around and ran out of the village. When the attack was over I went back to the village. All you saw where bodies and blood every where; I was the only one in my village that survived.
You're probably wondering who I am and who I'm talking about. My name is Oliver Brave. The love of my life is also the woman I ran away from when she needed me the most, her name was Dianna Rose. She was so beautiful with her brown hair, and hazel eyes. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't help her. All the teenage boys in the village wanted her. The teenage girls wanted to be her. She was envied by all. I was her boyfriend all the guys envied me. But some boyfriend I was I didn't even try to save her instead I ran away from the danger. My last name is a lie, there is not one brave bone in my body.


****

Hello my name is Dianna Rose; my boyfriend is named Oliver Brave. Oliver and I were going out for a picnic. Then I heard screaming from my best friend, Darcy Storm. We both ran towards her screaming, when we saw the horrible sight. The men of the village called the beasts that were attacking our village demons. I was paralyzed with fear. A woman of the village told my boyfriend and me to run and hide. I didn't want to run away, I wanted to fight for my village, but when I turned to ask my boyfriend to fight with me I saw him running away. All I could think was that he was the opposite of his name, his name should be Oliver Coward. I tried to fight, but a wolf demon attacked me and ripped off my left arm. I was In so much pain. Blood drenched my shirt.
“Help me please! Please help,” I screamed at Oliver. He didn't help me, no he did not. His was eyes big and he just shook his head. Before the world went black my blood was boiling, I swore I was going to get my revenge. I ended up giving a demon the part of my soul that wanted nothing but revenge. The part that hated Oliver Brave. I woke up in a grave I dug my way out of the grave. I saw the destruction the the demons caused. it wasn't like I last saw it before the attack.
The village was peaceful the villagers were against war and fighting, yet ready to fight for their land. We are not a very rich or wealthy village. We didn't have a lot to offer as in economically wise. The houses were made out of hay and a dome clay. Every house had at least one hole in the roof. We never repaired them because we didn't have the material. But we had this river that changed color depending on the time of the day. in the morning it orange, in the afternoon it's yellow, in the evening it's a darker yellow, when the sun set it's a red color. There is a hill with a big cherry blossom tree. That where you can see the whole village. When it fall the cherry blossom tree the pink petals cover the village and made it look like it was winter. While I was thinking this I just happen to look up. Than I saw the man I despised.

****

I was just done finishing burying the last man. I looked down at my hands and saw calluses on them. The were so dirty. I looked up and I saw the woman I loved. I truly thought she was dead. Ran to her with tears in my eyes. I am so happy. I tried to grab her left hand but it wasn't there. I started to cry harder. She smacked me with her right hand.
“Why are you crying I should be the the one crying you left me for dead. I am truly hate your cowardness.” she weeped.
“I am so very sorry I was overcome with fear. I wouldn't have made it any better.” I said feeling like a jerk.
“Yes it would I wouldn't have felt lonely. I wouldn't have been so sad and disappointed in you.” she said looking away from me. The next thing I knew her left arm started to grow back. She touched my face with her new hand and said “I hate you and I can never forgive not till the day I die. She said. In that exact moment I felt my heart skip a beat. I thought I really messed this up and that I hated myself to.
“How are you alive? I saw the demon snap your neck as I ran away. Why are you here?” I said confused and worried.
“I came back alive when I gave my soul too a demon and all the hate I felt for you right along with it. So you can say I am her to kill you too avenge my death.” she said. All I could do was look her in her cold eyes. She still look so beautiful. Brown hair flows in the wind I didn't even care that she sold her soul to a demon nor that she hated me all I can see is the woman I fell in love with.
“You're soul is lost. You are not the woman I fell in love with. So I can't call you Dianna ima call you the lost soul. I said coldly. “Before anything else let me get you cleaned up. And let me get you something too eat lost soul.

 

****

I hate him, I hate him. How dare he call me a lost soul just because I'm a demon now I am still Dianna Rose and will always will be. I felt tears roll down my face. I was furious. I wanted him dead now. But I took him up on his offered I really want to clean all this dirt and blood off me. I felt so disgusting.
    “Come this way lost soul.” he said so very coldly. I losted it.
“My name is Dianna Rose not lost soul so stop calling me that I am the woman you so call fell in love with like how cold can you be. First you run away from me when I needed you the most. Now you not even using my name I hate you I really do I want you dead so you can't hurt anyone else. I screamed at the top of my lungs, with hot stream of tears running down my face. He is not making this any easier for himself. All he did was looked at me and grinded like this was funny. After that it was a long silence.
“We are here.” he said finally breaking the silence. I took me a nice hot bath.when I came out in a towel I saw he left me some clothes. I put them on and found him outside waiting. He had a far away look in his eyes, like he was worried about something. When he saw me he jumped. I don't know why.
“Whats wrong? What was you just thinking about? You looked worried.” I said with a concerned tone. He waved the question off like I didn't ask him.
“Let’s go get something to eat lost soul because I am famished.” he said rubbing his stomach.


****                         
She is so beautiful. The way the wind flows through her hair, I now remember why I love her so much she was so different from all the other girls. We finally got to my house. Well what used to be my house. I cooked her some rice and beans.
“This is delicious Oliver! Where in the world you learned to cook? Better yet who taught you how to cook because this is amazing.” all I could do is look at her with this stupid smile because I hate cooking for other people but she makes me feel good about cooking. She makes me feel like I can cook for the entire world. Once we was done she looked me in my eyes her eyes was soft but sad. She stood up brushed herself off
“I really want you dead. No one should have you not now not ever you belong too me.” she said with tears falling from her eyes. I took a knife.
“I am willing to kill myself for you my love.” she took a knife and at the same time we both stabbed our self in the heart the words I said to her was “I love you Dianna Rose."


The author's comments:

i love romance and fansty book so i decied to do one my self