Perfect Fit | Teen Ink

Perfect Fit

January 19, 2017
By ThePhilospher SILVER, South Plainfield, New Jersey
ThePhilospher SILVER, South Plainfield, New Jersey
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

CRACK!! BOOM!! In the midst of this raging thunderstorm within Finger Lakes Forest, a flash of blue light struck a large pine tree, jolting down even faster than a lighting bolt. The heavy downfall cleared away any flames trying to form from the crash, but heavy smoke arose like when a child raises his hands to the sky as if to grab the clouds and moon itself. As the smoke began to dissipate, a rather large vehicle, replicating that of a miniature submarine, could be seen. It was riddled with dents, damage marks, and from inside the submarine came out a giant reptilian six-fingered hand. A deep guttural groan echoed throughout the woods as the creature pulled itself out of the vehicle, scaring the many deer and other wildlife scoping the area away,. From the shadows of the clouds, a light beckoned through the dead of night and before its body was be visible, the creature scurried and hid into the darkness of the forest.
“What the Devil?! What is this thing?” The light split into two beams coming from handheld flashlights that  were in the hands of two officers, Officer Davy Jetson and Officer John Nickelback. Throughout the night, the duo was patrolling their usual routes to check for the usual sport-hunters and poachers, of course fully re-equipped with Remington 870 20 Gauge Shotguns if anything goes wrong. Then the thundering crash brought their movements to a sudden halt, making them rush to the scene. Officer Nickelback, being the braver of the two, stepped closer to the strange vehicle and examined it. Using his flashlight to illuminate the insides, his eyes widen both in shock and fear from all the advanced technology that was inside and how spacious the inside was. He was 6’4” and the ceiling still hadn’t touched his head, much to his amazement. “Hey Davy! Get in here! Check this out!”
Since he was only 5’8, Officer Jetson stepped the open crack easily and quickly illuminated the scenery around him and, like Officer Nickelback, was in a dazed stupor. “Holy crap! Look at this stuff! It’s like it’s from the future or something…”
“Or maybe another world.” Officer Nickelback touched and examined what seemed like a beaker that was filled with a green liquid. He brought it up to his nose and his nostrils were met with an odor that was a mix between limes and sulfur. “What is this stuff?” He shook the beaker for a bit, then slowly brought it to his mouth.
“DON’T DRINK THAT!” Officer Jetson swiftly swiped the beaker out of Officer Nickelback’s hands, sending it flying through the open crack of the spaceship, surprising and enraging him. “You don’t even know what that stuff is!”
“What are you? My mother? I’m the senior officer here, Davy, I’ve worked longer than you, kid. I know what I’m doing.” John stared down at Davy with a stern glare and Davy returned one of his own back to the senior officer.
BOOM!! Suddenly, another explosion brought the two out of their stupor as they stumbled for a bit from the force. John’s eyes widen as he turned his head towards his companion, Davy who had the same look of fear written on his face. “O-Ok thanks...I think that came from the beaker…”
“Y-Yeah, no problem. Let’s get out of here and report this in” Davy hurried out of the spaceship, not wanting to stay and investigate more since he was fearful of what they might find next, with John following right behind him. The two soon got to the main trail when they heard it.
"Urghhhh..."A deep guttural groan coming from the darknesses within the woods. Both John and Davy stopped in their tracks once they heard that sound. Neither one could move once they heard it as the very noise itself shut down their entire bodies. They turned their heads slowly towards each other then towards the source of the unusual voice.
Slowly bringing up his flashlight, John sent a beam of light towards the darkness. “...I-I’m going in.” Davy whipped towards the now walking man with wide eyes.
“What is wrong with you!? Get back here!!” But it was too late. The man had already walked into the deep dark woods.
“I’ll be right back!” He yelled back before descending into the woods. Rustle. Rustle. Carefully walking onto the grassy path, John grabbed his gun once he heard the groans and growls getting louder as he marched onwards. Before he took a step further, he closed his eyes and relaxed his breathing. ‘Relax, John, relax. It’s probably a bear stuck in a trap. You’ve dealt with bears before. You got this.’ Opening them, he stepped even further in and when he brought his flashlight up, he was not prepared for what he had seen.
From the light of the flashlight, a creature about 8 ft tall, with reptilian scales and fur covered its skin, stood over him. The creature was like a demonic cross between a spider monkey and a tarantula as it used its six hands to descend from the trees and from its face closer to his, giving him full view of its eight eyes that much similar to those of humans while he was being sniffed by its snout. John couldn’t stand, he just stood with his eyes completely wide and mouth completely ajar in complete and utter astonishment and fear. He jumped once he saw one of the alien’s hands move slowly towards him. “Aah! Get away!!” He gripped his shotgun quickly and shot it off at the alien’s arm, getting a boisterous roar in the process.
The alien stumbled back, revealing the open wound before it quickly regenerated which shocked John completely, before its eyes changed to a foggy white color. “Goarghhhhhh!!!!!!!!” It pounded onto its chest and the ground while roaring and howling, like a crazed gorilla, before charging towards John. Its swift and heavy steps shook the entire the forest. It then jumped into the air onto a tree. Its movements were too fast for John to comprehend, but he moved around and tried to follow its movements to his best ability. Before he knew it, one a giant swung at his midsection, opening it up successfully and let his intestines fall out like old film. He couldn’t scream or groan, he just stood back and fell against a tree as he choked up his own blood. There was no sound, no wind blowing, no trees falling, nothing came to John’s ears, but a dim humming sound like the one that is played on television when someone is dying. Yeah… He knew it...John knew. He was dying and he couldn’t save himself. As his eyes were beginning to close, he got one last glimpse at his attacker looking down upon with the same foggy eyes. Then everything went dark.
“-ohn. -Ohn! John!” His eyes snapped out as he looked over to his looked his partner. Davy was shaking him pretty hard. He stopped once he saw John look back at him, making him sigh in relief. “Oh thank God.”
“What’s the matter with you?” John snapped very snarkily. He didn’t like to be awoke so abruptly.
“What’s the matter with me? What’s wrong with you?! You’ve been here for over a hour!” He showed John his watch. It flashed 1:00 am. “We were to supposed to be back before midnight. What happened to ‘I’ll be right back?’ Sure took you a long time. Guess that’s how age works, old man.” He smirked once he saw John frown, but before he knew it, he was put into a headlock.
“Who you calling an old man?! Huh brat?!” Davy, almost losing oxygen, tapped John’s arm feverishly. John smirked as he watched the young man struggle for air, for that sweet release.
“N-Nobody! Ack! I give! I give!!” Upon hearing those words, John released Davy from his grip and smiled even more once he saw him lean over and cough. “Geez...Anyways, what did you find?”
“Nothing much. Turned out to be a baby bear got stuff under a branch and after I let it go, I took a little nap.” Davy sighed and shook his head at how John was smiling.
“Geez, you’re lazy. I’ll be in the car. We’re not too far from it anyways. Ya coming?”
“Yeah. I gotta do something first.” Davy raised an eyebrow.
“What else do you need to do?”
John just smiled and waved. “Just gotta check something. I’ll be quick, no worries.”
Davy squinted his eyes. “...Uh huh. Alright man.” He then walked back to the car. As soon as he was out of sight, John stretched then bent down to the ground.
“Anddd…” He then jumped up bounced into the sky before he quickly came back down to the Earth. Before he facepalmed the ground, he grabbed a tree branch and swung from tree to tree like a monkey before jumping back down. He grinned sinisterly as he squeezed his hands and his eyes glowed with a crimson blood red. “Yess...This body is perfect.” He then walked towards his partner, his devilish smile never faltering.